PDA

View Full Version : 300ex a-arms on trx 90

skeet615
06-05-2012, 07:59 PM
So I'm starting my son out on a trx 90 to race in my local xc races (SOCCS series) and I was just wanting to make it a little smother ride for him and make it a little wider so I heard you can put Honda 300ex arms and the 90 is this true or is there any good cheap ideals out there to accomplish this thank again guys

miniquaddad90
06-06-2012, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by skeet615
So I'm starting my son out on a trx 90 to race in my local xc races (SOCCS series) and I was just wanting to make it a little smother ride for him and make it a little wider so I heard you can put Honda 300ex arms and the 90 is this true or is there any good cheap ideals out there to accomplish this thank again guys

Yes, there is a cheezy kit out there. We bought it when my daughter first started racing XC. The kit, in my opinion, is not well designed, nor is it safe. It also makes the front end even heavier than it needs to be with dual a-arms. We didnt even finish installing it after I saw how it was designed. Loosely fitted it up, looked it over, put it all back in the box and sent it back... plus a 25% restock fee...lol! For a few bucks more, get the Kids on Quads kit... Decent set up, not too wide, but is MUCH safer than the 300 swap.

Or get a set of +2 or +3 extended single arms, and some good shocks, wider=safer, and a much improved ride