PDA

View Full Version : got a question on sum diff. parts

DoPeExRiDeR20
03-06-2003, 04:21 PM
For my first question, im wondering which size front sprocket is best to run for trails and then which is best for MX.....

Second question is, is one of those aluminum airfilter boxes really worth the money you spend on em'?? they look nice and all but do they really help anything?????

Next is, does the size of your tires create a prob. if you change your sprocket size ( i have 22-11-9 holshots one the bak and 23-7-10 holeshots on the front and i was wondering if i got a smaller sprocket, if it would just even the power out as if i had stock tires and a 15t sprockett )

OK well sry bout all those questions, i hopesum1 can help me out..... thnx all

Scott400EX
03-06-2003, 06:21 PM
i think with 22s on theback a 14t front would be good.
as for the airbox i dont see any benefit except that yu can pu tyour battery and electrics in it instead of where they are stock im not getting one i dont need to pay over 150 bux to get somthint that looks cool

Steve-o 400EX
03-07-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Scott400EX
i think with 22s on theback a 14t front would be good.
as for the airbox i dont see any benefit except that yu can pu tyour battery and electrics in it instead of where they are stock im not getting one i dont need to pay over 150 bux to get somthint that looks cool

I agree, i think with a 23/22 setup, a 14t up front would work best. As far as the airbox, i dont think its worth it unless you feel ur electronics are in a bad spot.

DoPeExRiDeR20
03-07-2003, 03:46 PM
Thnx a lot guys.... i really wasnt sure how the sprockett and tires would work out together since i havent got time to try em' out good...... and about the airbox, thts the same tht i thought also, thnx again for the help....