PDA

View Full Version : Help with brakes please

bradenc19
06-01-2012, 06:06 PM
I have all 450r brakes up front. New pads and new dual lines. Cant get it to pump up. What am i doing wrong?

deathman53
06-01-2012, 08:06 PM
back bleed them or get a vac pump bleeder.

Rich250RRacer
06-01-2012, 08:34 PM
Take the top bolt out of each caliper and loosen the bottom bolt. Pull the top of the caliper outward until the bleeder is straight up (you might want to snug the lower bolt to keep the caliper in this position). Now bleed as usual, or use a vac or power bleeder.

hondaREX
06-16-2012, 06:50 PM
It always takes me quite awhile to bleed front dual lines. Just keep the master cylinder full. I let it gravity bleed for a bit. Then pump, hold, open, shut, and repeat several times. I've also went from open master cylinder cover to closed to help it hold pressure. Not sure if it is actually doing that but ends up working. Be patient and it will get there.

bradenc19
06-16-2012, 09:29 PM
How do you gravity bleed them? Also can't get back brake. I have bl.eed the back brakes but i get no brake at all. also new pads. Dnt think there is any air in the line and just put another rear master on it. What do u thinks wrong with it? Thanks if can help

hondaREX
06-17-2012, 06:07 AM
Gravity feed by leaving the bleeder valve open and let the fluid just run out. Put a hose onto the bleeder and keep the master full. For some reason there a pain in the butt. I do cars all the time with no problems then an atv I get hung up on for hours. And remember if you start pumping the lever or pedal to not pump while the bleeder is open or it will introduce air into the system. Also, after thinking, I may hold open the flapper in the front master cylinder with a clean nail and lots of bubbles come out while pumping. Don't put it in too far as you will get in the way of the valve. I think this helps let the fluid into the valve.

bradenc19
06-17-2012, 09:00 AM
THANKS DO YOU HAVE TO HOLD THE BRAKE THE HOLE TIME YOU GRAVITY BLEED OR WILL IT BLEED WITHOUT HOLDING IT

bradenc19
06-17-2012, 09:03 AM
CAN'T GET BACK BRAKE EITHER AND IT BLEEDS FINE. NEW PADS ON IT TO

bradenc19
06-17-2012, 09:07 AM
HONDAREX DO YOU OPEN ONE BLEEDER VALUE AT A TIME OR BOTH I WOULD THINK ONE LINE AT A TIME BUT I HAVE NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE SO IDK THANKS

hondaREX
06-17-2012, 10:05 AM
When you gravity bleed you can do both but when you start to bleed while pumping the lever, one at a time. And no pumping while gravity bleeding, it will suck air in. Gravity bleed for awhile then close both bleeders. Pump the lever a BUNCH of times with and without the master cover on, opening one bleeder at a time when the lever is pulled. Open the bleeder quick and close it quick. Its not like theres much of a release of fluid early on so your just squirting a bit out and shutting it before any air goes in. Check the fluid level often and just REPEAT. I seriously have the hardest time with my quads bleeding. I do autos for a living and have never spent the amount of time i do on the quads. You will eventually get a firm lever, or pedal. Just keep at it. Do the same for the rear. Rear are alot easier. Pump several times, hold pedal down, open bleeder quick and close quick. REPEAT. Same goes for both front and rear, you will gain more "bleed" as the lever/pedal gets better, then you will open and close the bleeder slower, letting more fluid out and watching for air bubbles. And to go back a bit, just barely open the bleeder, dont crank it all the way open. Use a box wrench and just let it ooze out, then close. Be patient and keep the reservoir full. Good luck.

ryanowarrior
06-17-2012, 12:20 PM
Had the same problem with my rear brakes! Tried for hours!! I pumped up the pedal and broke the line loose at the MC!! Pumped right up after that! If u ever get an air pocket right there it seems dang near impossible to get it out! Try that it worked like a charm for me!!

DnB_racing
06-17-2012, 01:52 PM
I never have a problem with this method,

I guess its the same as a vacuum pump, but I use a long clear tube and put over bleed zerk, and suck on the tube with the brake lever pulled, until all air is out and then tighten zerk and release lever, works like a charm every time:)

bradenc19
06-17-2012, 05:34 PM
THANKS HONDAREX I GOT IT. WAS'T THAT BAD THE WAY YOU TOLD ME, DIDN'T TAKE LONG AT ALL. THANKS ALOT. I WORK ON THE BACK LATER