PDA

View Full Version : No brakes

zk4fx
05-31-2012, 11:12 PM
I removed my rear caliper and put it back on and now I have no pressure in my line. Nothing happens when I push the lever down. I didn't lose any fluid but I tryed back filling with a syringe connected to the bleed screw but I dont think that did anything...

cataway
06-01-2012, 06:44 AM
oil go's in that little canister thats attached to the master cylinder, you can get to it by removing the seat.do you have a service manual ?

zk4fx
06-01-2012, 09:37 PM
Your kidding right? I didn't lose any fluid. The manual dosent say anything about brakes failing.

yellowzo3
06-02-2012, 08:44 AM
Why don't you just bleed them? Looks like your bikes an '04 so it would be good to do it anyway. If you want a video of how to do it let me know.. There's a couple on TWMX.com that are pretty good. It's not that hard and if your bike is 8 years old I'm sure it could use some fresh fluid.

zk4fx
06-02-2012, 11:05 AM
There isn't any press in the line's to bleed them. I cant push fluid from the res out the other side of the master cylinder.

crlt250r
06-02-2012, 11:50 AM
Use the bleeder screw. Any air that has gotten in the system will cause it to not pressurize. Pick up a vacuum pump from harbor freight or northern tool. They are cheap, and will greatly speed up the process.

If that doesn't work, your master cylinder has gone to the crapper.

rtrocket59
08-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by crlt250r
Use the bleeder screw. Any air that has gotten in the system will cause it to not pressurize. Pick up a vacuum pump from harbor freight or northern tool. They are cheap, and will greatly speed up the process.

If that doesn't work, your master cylinder has gone to the crapper.

+1 on this post. You definitely got some air in the lines.