PDA

View Full Version : 300ex with 2001 raptor shock

Mr49!!
05-30-2012, 09:13 PM
I just bought a 2001 raptor shock and need a little help with it. First thing is the reservoir hose is way to short. where can i get something longer (thats what she said) lol. on top of that i read i could loosen the line up to move it, and well i tried and lost some oil. So can i just put oil in it my self or do i need to send it some where to get it done? I rebuilt my pitbike shock once seemed to hold up and do fine. any suggestions?

if you have done this before plz let me know what worked for you. thanks

smr
05-31-2012, 09:04 AM
I've done it many times. I have always been able to remove the brake resivor and make room.

As far as the oil goes..I'd take it to somebody and have it recharged. It's cheap and you know it correct.

Mr49!!
05-31-2012, 09:22 AM
i contacted the yamaha dealer and they said they could not even refill the shock. what the heck is wrong with this place. i'm just going to do it myself those people are retarded. it surly isn't that hard especially when you have the manual and tools to do it. whatever, f that shop! I might call the honda shop before i get to confident with what i'm doing. surly they can do something about it. well see i guess.

Mr49!!
05-31-2012, 09:31 AM
i got ahold of the honda shop and they said it should not matter if a little oil came out of the shock. so im just going to ride it and see what happens. thanks for the info smr by the way. on the reservoir i just sat it in my air box and zip tied it to the side. looks like its gonna hold and be out of the way pretty good. thanks again