PDA

View Full Version : 400ex stock frame paint

300exBorg
05-30-2012, 03:42 PM
Hey everyone, I was just wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to get a paint that is the same color as the grey that Honda used on the older 400ex frames and a-arms (mine is a 2003)? I know I could most likely bring a chip of the paint to a paint store and get it matched up but wanted to know if Honda actually sells any "touch up" paint at all for this? I could not find any info on this.

on the rocks
05-30-2012, 04:39 PM
are you really looking to touch up your frame? or just paint it factory color?

CJM
05-30-2012, 05:10 PM
I dont think they do. Best match i found was smoke gray rustoleum that I blended with the stock frame. I lightly sprayed everything blending it and people thought my quad was brand new.

mad4106
05-30-2012, 05:20 PM
Cjm thanks i was about to post this same thread where can i get the rustoleum at and wat kind of sand paper did u use on the frame before u painted it?

300exBorg
05-30-2012, 06:29 PM
Yeah I was just looking to touch up some spots on the frame pretty much. I would love to get it PC but am not too comfortable with stripping it completely down just yet. I am pretty sure I am going to end up doing it over the winter though but figured for now I will just touch it up. Looks like I will go for that paint CJM mentioned.