PDA

View Full Version : stuck on exhaust options

JDiablo
05-29-2012, 07:37 PM
Soo I picked myself up a 08 about a month ago...I try to do as much research as I can bc my computer is broken...but I've came down to a couple of pipes and I would like your opinons of them... I was looking between the Rossier pipe,HMF performance series, a Yoshi, or a Duncan fat boy...any pros and cons to these pipes would be greatly appreciated

JDiablo
05-31-2012, 06:35 AM
Seems like everyone isn't as helpful as they used to be on this site..... You all suck, I ended up going with a full yoshi rs2

ldjbuff
06-18-2012, 10:40 PM
Dasa, Barker,Sparks or Monster Big Core the other pipes u mentioned are all fail.

Rohr397
06-22-2012, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by JDiablo
Seems like everyone isn't as helpful as they used to be on this site..... You all suck, I ended up going with a full yoshi rs2

:( I know, I used to feel that way when I had my Yfz450, now that I'm on the 400ex section it's great. It's really sad that the rest of the forum hasn't been up to par.

As far as the pipe, quite honestly they're all gonna put out similar dyno's so it comes down to sound a quality. The Yoshi is great quality, I think the sound is a little too close to stock for MY personal taste but I think you made a great choice.

For the record I love Motoworks though :P

Shade_tree
06-30-2012, 05:55 PM
After extensive research on pipes, I havent found any big gains, and from net videos of dyno runs no big gains either. So I am guessing when I say its all about how you want it to sound, but net videos yfzr sound pretty much the same. We using two brothers exhaust on stock settings right now.I really like the sound of Barkers but my opinion is Barker sounds better as set of duals, so thats more like bigger quads or utility, I dont see duals as option for racing 450r. These are just my thoughts and no way intended to hurt anyones rep. Just find good number pipe and go with their programer. Am guessing there is prolly an excellent post on this subject somewhere in this forum I just havent got there yet so much to research in here, Forum has been more than helpful on alot of subjects. Theres so many factors you need to include like riding style, where you perfer your gains

Rohr397
06-30-2012, 06:41 PM
From what I know about pipes, it has everything to do with unrestricted flow. But JUST a pipe won't do you any good because you have to balance the flow between the intake and exhaust, or you'll barely gain anything, possibly even lose a little.

Shade_tree
06-30-2012, 07:50 PM
yea