PDA

View Full Version : ATVA Nats Throw Back Race?

KingpinsEx
05-29-2012, 06:44 PM
Was there any coverage of this race at round two? Did it even happen? If so I must have missed it. I thought there would have been a ton of coverage and possibly a few retired pros come out and race the old 250rs. Anyone got any info, pictures, vids, anything?

djeurink
05-29-2012, 07:55 PM
It was a flop 2 people showed up.

jkiserracing
05-29-2012, 08:03 PM
There were several other 250r's there but decided not to do it. One thing was they were scheduled to run on Sunday and their last moto....last. Most of the guys that I know that were intrested in running it...were not intrested in being end of day. It should have been run on Saturday ..not Sunday. There would have been no one left to watch on Sun at the end of day. Joe Byrd said he didn't even know about it or he might have brought his R.

finsteratv
05-29-2012, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by jkiserracing
There were several other 250r's there but decided not to do it. One thing was they were scheduled to run on Sunday and their last moto....last. Most of the guys that I know that were intrested in running it...were not intrested in being end of day. It should have been run on Saturday ..not Sunday. There would have been no one left to watch on Sun at the end of day. Joe Byrd said he didn't even know about it or he might have brought his R. But then he wouldve totalled somebody else's R?

madskrillz2
05-29-2012, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by finsteratv
But then he wouldve totalled somebody else's R?

Lol be careful. Someone might accuse you of riding a bandwagon.

05-30-2012, 10:26 AM
There would have been more entries but a few guys decided not to race when they learned they needed an AMA membership for that one race.

KingpinsEx
05-31-2012, 04:31 PM
I thought it was a cool idea. There have got to be some sick mx 250rs still around. Its a shame it didn't turn out the way they hyped it up.