PDA

View Full Version : Ballance mx track

mx Eli
05-28-2012, 01:51 PM
Hey everyone, now that i turned 16 was planning on going to ballance for my first national next weekend, but while at a race yesterday a guy was telling me that the track was not very well kept and is not worth the drive (it will be around 11 hours for me).

can anyone clear this up for me? I'd hate to make a 11 hour drive for just an ok track.

thanks, Eli

THARNESS
05-28-2012, 03:39 PM
Everytime I have been to Ballance it has been nice. I think you will be impressed. Be careful with the finish line step-up. I've seen many people clip the top and flip down the back side. That was the worst spot on the track IMO.

madskrillz2
05-28-2012, 06:25 PM
I've never been but abunch of my friends have and they say it gets ROUGH.

Kovatch
05-29-2012, 10:29 AM
From a spectator's point of view, it should be fun because of the night races for the Pros and Pro-ams.

I have not been there, but I will be going (7.5 hrs) to watch the races.

I think the experience may be worth it given you are 16 and racing a national is far better than any local race, but don't let me steer you the wrong way. (get there and hate it).

You just missed Sunset Ridge 10 days ago. Every national track is rough. With 700 quad entries, it isn't the easiest on the track.

Balaz_73*00
05-29-2012, 11:46 AM
Ive had bad luck there the last 2 years. Grown to hate it

kyleschonert
05-29-2012, 01:58 PM
The first few years I raced there, particularly the first year I loved it. The past few years it has really gone down hill. JMO

mx Eli
05-30-2012, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Kovatch
From a spectator's point of view, it should be fun because of the night races for the Pros and Pro-ams.

I have not been there, but I will be going (7.5 hrs) to watch the races.

I think the experience may be worth it given you are 16 and racing a national is far better than any local race, but don't let me steer you the wrong way. (get there and hate it).

You just missed Sunset Ridge 10 days ago. Every national track is rough. With 700 quad entries, it isn't the easiest on the track.

I ride at walnut very often, once a month almost and it is my favorite track by far, but i turned 16 the monday following the national so I was not able to go.

blaster99
05-31-2012, 06:36 AM
I like the track a lot. It's not the best but the drive for me the past 2 years was about 15-18 hours... well worth it.

KingpinsEx
06-03-2012, 04:01 PM
I've never been and don't plan to. For national standards I have heard it is sub-par. The nationals I have been to have been super smooth compared to my local track (share with dirt bikes). As someone else said, I think any national track will be way better than most local tracks. Going to an ATV national, espically the first time is an amazing experience. If its the only one your planning on go for it, if not, you may want to consider another round.

mx Eli
06-03-2012, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by KingpinsEx
I've never been and don't plan to. For national standards I have heard it is sub-par. The nationals I have been to have been super smooth compared to my local track (share with dirt bikes). As someone else said, I think any national track will be way better than most local tracks. Going to an ATV national, espically the first time is an amazing experience. If its the only one your planning on go for it, if not, you may want to consider another round.

yeah i plan on going to more, it was just the first one i could go to after turn 16 on may 21st, friends from IL said it was just ok. and i dont have money for a 12 hour drive for just an OK track.

Kovatch
06-05-2012, 05:43 AM
Red Bud is an awesome track but it is rough as hell. That might be a little bit closer to you.

Sunday Creek is another track I'd recommend, but that's a far drive for you. A mix of just about everything: jumps, rhythms, uphill & downhill ski jumps, tables, off-camber, etc.

We always made the 10 hour drive to get to Loretta's. There is a creek that runs through the compound which makes the 90 degree+ heat more tolerable: swimming right after riding.

mx Eli
06-05-2012, 06:46 AM
definitely goin to redbud and loretta's for sure, would like to go to sunday but idk if I'll have the funds for fuel

KingpinsEx
06-05-2012, 03:11 PM
Some close friends went to Sunday Creek last year and said it was awesome. I def plan on going this year.