PDA

View Full Version : 2005 trx cdi ?????s

cody83
05-27-2012, 09:54 AM
alright i was looking into a rev box/cdi for my trx since i have a lot of other stuff done to it motor wise and what not but i keep getting like 9 different stories on what to do for it. i keep hearing that they cut out, dont last, or are just plain not worth getting. i also have herd that there is a way to modify the stock 05 rev box. if theres anyway u guys can help me out with this id greatly apreciate it because i have no idea.... thanks again.

robg776
05-30-2012, 05:12 PM
i was told on the 04-05 there was a wire to cut to remove the rev limit...never looked into this

i would save your money, procom big gun alba....all the same all junk the dyna boxes arent bad...but honestly save your money, most quads sign off powerwise before the limiter, and if your engine is designed to run in a different range consult your engine builder

Honda5
05-30-2012, 06:37 PM
^ that is 100% Wrong! There is no wire mod for the 04/05. The procom and big gun are good cheap mod. They rarely go bad. I have several 04 and 05 and have been running them from day one and never had one go bad. Not bad for 7 full seasons of mx riding 3x a week. I do have the Vortex on my "race only" quad and that thing is awesome but just a little costly.