PDA

View Full Version : oil filter cover ?

nooch55
05-27-2012, 12:07 AM
Ok changed my oil the other night. Thought i was going to ride today but i was wrong. Started the 400 up and after a few min. oil is driping from the bottom of the oil filter cover.I tryed to tighten it up but it was tight so i checked the oring again but it looks good. So what do you think oring is tight and no cracks or pieces out of it. Any help i would apreciate it thanks

dxcody
05-27-2012, 12:17 AM
My guess would be the o ring looks fine, and feels fine but it wore out.

For $2 you may as well tip the quad on its side, replace it and see if it was your problem.

Ive personally never had that problem, but its about the only thing that can really cause that to leak.

I mean you could silicone the filter cover and it would stop your leak, but thats not fixing the problem.

Idk maybe someone else will chime in.

i say replace the O ring and see what happens.

nooch55
05-27-2012, 12:21 AM
Thats what i thought i traded for the atv so i dont know when it was changed or if ever.Thanks

Jayskee
05-27-2012, 06:23 AM
Like DXcody said.. Id change the Oring. You should be able to find one at lowes or home depot. And if ur trying to ride today and worry about it tomorrow Id carry extra oil and silicon the cover.

nooch55
05-27-2012, 10:33 AM
Thats what i was thinking when i got up today. I work near lowes tomorrow i will stop by then but for today use the silicone.

qlphoton
05-28-2012, 09:17 AM
Ive had this same problem right after a oil change,and i replaced the o ring but it still done it.It seems to stop after a short time,and ive wonderd if it has to make a vacume seal of sort for its self.