PDA

View Full Version : Need help building worcs quad-what difference than a MX

quadfmx
05-26-2012, 05:39 PM
What do i need to do different than building a MX quad for worcs racing?

Pacheco_450r
05-27-2012, 01:15 AM
Main difference is running taller tires 20" rears is pretty common in worcs vs 18"s for mx. Also gearing a little taller for top speed since there are a lot of wide open sections. Skidplates is pretty much a must for worcs, I think they run their ride height higher too. Thats the most of the bigger differences.

Lquad71
05-27-2012, 12:22 PM
you may want to make your caster more suitable for that as well. and make sure your suspension builder/tuner knows you need your shocks setup for worcs. If you are running pro am or pro you might want to invest in a larger tank with a quick fill from ims, it makes pit stops must quicker. And it depends on the rider but i know some that run different bars for worcs than motocross. I use the same but i hear some people say they run taller bars for worcs for comfort reasons. just an idea there, i dont recommend it because i havent tried it, but just an idea that you might like.

desratt
05-27-2012, 10:42 PM
That's the cool thing about worcs is people run different set up. Some closer to mx and some closer to desert. I run a desert but stock gearing.