PDA

View Full Version : Decisions!!! What to do?

crlt250r
05-25-2012, 06:59 AM
I'm stuck.. The cr motor in my ltr hybrid grenaded last Monday, and I found a running 97 RM250 with good motor for a real good price. Was going to buy, and rework the mounting in my frame to put it all back to Suzuki.

Forward to this morning. Just stumbled on an 89 Honda 250r that needs a cdi. The guy says the motor is good, good compression, still stock, plastics are in decent shape, tires are good. Same price as the RM.

So..... What would you all do?

And no, I don't have the cash to buy both tight now LOL

finsteratv
05-25-2012, 08:26 AM
89 trx250r? GET THAT..Check into CDI's though, some older bikes are spendy on electrical parts..I can see it being easier to fit the pipe with the TRX or..Just ride the TRX?

crlt250r
05-25-2012, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by finsteratv
89 trx250r? GET THAT..Check into CDI's though, some older bikes are spendy on electrical parts..I can see it being easier to fit the pipe with the TRX or..Just ride the TRX?

LOL, my plan is either to get the RM for the motor in my LT, or get the TRX to fix. One hand, I'll have two rides, and both need work, or, have one that I'll need to spent another 40 hours fabbing and welding to make it a runner again. I'm actually leaning toward getting the TRX though. My LT frame is in serious need of work. Tubing is nearly paper thin, and I've already had to cut out and replace sections of tubing as it is. The vibes from the CR motor didn't help much either....

beastlywarrior
05-25-2012, 12:27 PM
Part the lt buy the trx

TheLane
05-25-2012, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by beastlywarrior
Part the lt buy the trx

X2!

chronicsmoke
05-25-2012, 06:50 PM
What decision?

+1 for the TRX

crlt250r
05-25-2012, 07:21 PM
The trx deal is still in the air right now. I'm pretty sure its not going anywhere too soon. If it does, its ok, I'll find another one. I'm really not too keen on buying something that doesn't run, and can't be really tested before buying.

Anyways, I've had the trx, and by far it was the best quad I've ever had. On the other hand, the lt has a little more emotional value. Too much blood sweat and tears in this thing. Not to mention money LOL.

Picked up the donor this afternoon. 97 rm250. Still completely factory stock. Top end was just done for the first time one year ago (verified). Only has at most 4 hours on the top end. 900 bucks, driven by divorce. I hate to cut up such a sweet ride, but I'm a total puss, (honesty is a horrible thing). I'm just not comfortable on a dirt bike. So, parts are going to eBay.

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa378/Tater_woods/IMAG0240.jpg

chronicsmoke
05-25-2012, 07:23 PM
damn nice bike for a 97

crlt250r
05-25-2012, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by chronicsmoke
damn nice bike for a 97

Yeah. It's hardly ever been run. I need to know where I can get that purple power band Bro... And how are the valves working out in that two stroke? LOL.