PDA

View Full Version : 05 trx cam ?

quadfmx
05-24-2012, 12:53 AM
I got an 05 HRC cam,
and i read for example if an cam for an 06 up has good mid range it has poor midrange for the 04.05.

the hrc05 cam works good in my 05 but it was built before the new bikes came out.
I am about to have port work and have the engine built as its never been ported,
I had planned on just talking to the engine builder about what they think I should run
but I was just curious if anyone else had heard this

DnB_racing
05-24-2012, 08:38 AM
In my opinion if your getting your head done, then get a custom ground cam to have the power delivery exactly were you want it, and to match your port work

or find a web cam that does what you want....

hrc and hot cams cover a large area of needs pretty good but excel at none... they have a good bottom end a good mid and a good top, but great at none of them

a custom ground to your needs or one already ground that fits is going to give you exactly what you want,

Just my opinion

xcracer416
05-24-2012, 10:00 AM
if your engine builder is reputable they know what cam works best for their port work. if they havent done the dyno or flow bench work to know what they are doing you are wasting your money imo.

my engine builder tested almost 10 different camshafts on the dyno with my motor. there is some cams that put out outstanding hp numbers but eat the valve train for lunch and dinner. talk to your engine builder on which one is the best for their port work.

if they are well known for their work you could trust what they say.

who is your engine builder if you dont mind me asking?