PDA

View Full Version : Maier Silver Plastics

Razorback
03-06-2003, 07:45 AM
I'm going to be getting some of the new shiny silver plastic from Maier soon. I have some questions for those of you who have bought Maier plastic. The best I can tell, I need to order the following:

- Gas Tank Cover
- Racing Front Fender
- Rear Fender
- Side Panels

That should be it right?

Also, how is the mouting of their plastic? Is it a real pain in the arse, or does it go on pretty easy?

Last thing, what is the wait time on ordering these? For some reason, I doubt they have these in stock.

If anyone has good pics of the Silver, please post them.

Thx.

exriderdude
03-06-2003, 07:58 AM
if you get the race fronts, im pretty sure its all one piece.

86atc250r
03-06-2003, 08:06 AM
Race fronts dont require sidepanels.

Take a good look at the silvers before you buy and make sure they are what you want. The ones I've seen are a darker silver (not like a cannondale silver,more like a gunmetal) - & I personally don't like it much. In my opinion, unless the graphics are done really right, it makes the quad look old.

Mounting isn't a big deal. They say the new ones have the holes pre-drilled. Not sure if that's good or bad, guess it depends on how well placed the pre-drilled holes are - mine were not pre-drilled.

muff
03-06-2003, 08:09 AM
if you're gettin the race front you dont need the side panels, actually I think rocky mountain has them in stock www.rockymountainatv.com for $185 for the whole race set +shippin

Razorback
03-06-2003, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by 86atc250r
Race fronts dont require sidepanels.

Take a good look at the silvers before you buy and make sure they are what you want. The ones I've seen are a darker silver (not like a cannondale silver,more like a gunmetal) - & I personally don't like it much. In my opinion, unless the graphics are done really right, it makes the quad look old.

Mounting isn't a big deal. They say the new ones have the holes pre-drilled. Not sure if that's good or bad, guess it depends on how well placed the pre-drilled holes are - mine were not pre-drilled.

Thanks Gabe. I haven't seen them in person, but was hoping they looked like the Cannondale silver. I appreciate the input.

Razorback
03-06-2003, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by muff
if you're gettin the race front you dont need the side panels, actually I think rocky mountain has them in stock www.rockymountainatv.com for $185 for the whole race set +shippin

Thanks. I do still need the gas tank cover, though, right? Or does the race front include that? Sorry for the questions, getting info from Maier's site is not so straightforward.

86atc250r
03-06-2003, 08:30 AM
No, you'll need a tank cover... Not the best picture, but see below

http://hondaex.com/images/Maire%20Mfg/rcg/Image2.jpg

Razorback
03-06-2003, 08:33 AM
Thanks again.

Quadfather
03-06-2003, 08:39 AM
I think the silver Maier looks great.

I had the new shiny yellow, and everything lined up, and installed very easily. I didn't use the rear mounting hardware. I let the middle screws, and the seat latch hold it down. It was more than sufficient.

I also believe I paid around $270 for everything (front, rear, and tank cover)

86atc250r
03-06-2003, 08:50 AM
Here's a pic of Johnny G's Z400 in silver - much darker than C-Dale's silver.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/attachment.php?s=&postid=448049

another

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/attachment.php?s=&postid=449599

Doibugu2
03-06-2003, 09:17 AM
Silver Fox has silver. I think her quad is one of the nicest schemes I have seen. Talk with her.

Razorback
03-06-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
Silver Fox has silver. I think her quad is one of the nicest schemes I have seen. Talk with her.

Cool. I've bought almost all my stuff from her, so I'll give her a shout. Thanks.

Gabe - thanks for the pics. You're right that doesn't look like I thought it would. How has your green plastic held up? That's the bike your race on, isn't it?

86atc250r
03-06-2003, 09:33 AM
Yes,

The plastic has held up great. No sagging & seems at least as durable as stock - MUCH better than their old stuff. Very happy so far & it's been almost a year now.

QuadJunkies
03-07-2003, 07:29 AM
I am also wanting a set of silver plastic,so which one is it that makes the one that looks like "paint brushed" effect to it??:confused: I did not care for that style..