PDA

View Full Version : Pismo closed??

12-09-2001, 06:45 PM
Hi! I am new to this site.I recently heard rumors that Pismo Beach is now closed to all public access.Please tell me this is untrue!

sduncan
12-13-2001, 08:00 PM
Pismo is not closed. Yet. However, the Sierra Club has filed a lawsuit against the Ca. Parks and Rec. Dept. asking for closure based on the Endangered Species Act. Go to www.oceanodunes.org for more info on how you can help prevent this from happening. I, along with many others, have donated to help pay for lawyers and other required necessities. If you can't donate then at least send letters to the public officials listed. Every little bit helps make a difference. Thanks for asking about one of my favorite riding spots.

12-24-2001, 11:07 AM
sduncan - i am a Pismo rider too. Am just joining the fight to help keep Oceano Dunes open. I was naive way too long and now I will do what I can. Hope too see you at some of the meetings (i will miss the Dec. meetings due to vacation)

I contacted Friends of OD and am trying to put together a clean up for mid January. I will post on this board when clean up days are set. Hopefully some of the locals will come out to clean up and do some riding!

julie

sduncan
01-06-2002, 11:22 AM
The Dec. beach meeting went well. I even won a t-shirt and a nice Fox hat in the raffle. Next meeting is in Hanford,Ca. on Feb 9. I encourage all who are able to attend. Oceano needs our help to stay open. Go to www.oceanodunes.org for info on what YOU can do to help.

01-23-2002, 10:29 PM
Personally, I don't care for Pismo and will never go back. But let's face it, Pismo got dunes and we love dunes. Do whatever you have to to keep it open! Every time a riding area gets closed, it makes it that much easier for the next one to get shut out. Find me in Glamis pissin' on that blasted milkweed! For those of you not familiar, Glamis was once 230 square miles of riding. The tree-huggers got 70% of it closed off for a f-ing bush that occupies less than 1 percent of the area. If I wanted to go bush-riding, I'd stay home! Do they really think I go to Glamis to sharpen my freakin' bush-smashing-marksmanship? Aaarghh!

. . . but no, I'm not bitter . . .

03-25-2002, 11:31 PM
I went to Pismo this past weekend and noticed quite a few stores have closed.Do they know something we don't?

03-26-2002, 01:59 PM
I noticed a diner had closed but didn't see any other businesses recently closed. What else closed down?? I'm going two out of the next three weekends, I will have to look around. As far as I know, Pismo is still in danger of closing but nothing will happen immediately.

please check out and support:
Friends of Oceano Dunes (http://www.oceanodunes.org)

PDunes300ex
03-26-2002, 09:52 PM
Pismo is not closed, and won't be if everybody does their part in supporting the effort. Some areas are roped off for the snowy plover nesting season. And it's off the hook packed right now since its spring break. Ride safe and don't pee into the wind