PDA

View Full Version : Carb issues!!! Please help!!!

gemfride
05-22-2012, 09:59 AM
I know this is an atv post so we will pretend its an atv for just a min, hehe. I recently purchased a 97 XR 400, and am having some issues from the carb. When I first got it it wouldnt idle, so I cleaned the carb and now it wants to idle, but it "hiccups" and either tries to die, or it dies, does anyone know what this could be?? And another question, is when you throttle the bike up, it wants to hang out in that RPM range or even rev on up, I have disconnected the throttle cable, took the air box off and watched the plunger fall all the way to rest and adjusted the cable to where it actually has too much slack in it, so I am lost!!!!!! Eventually most of the time it calms down to idle then back to the "hiccup". Please help me I am dieing to go try it out in the mtns.

Jayskee
06-01-2012, 01:38 PM
As far as the cable issue. Sounds like you just need to replace the cable. Thats definitly a safety issue. You dont want that throttle cable hanging wide open on you. So ... did you take out all the jets clean them good? Are they the proper jets for your riding area?

TheLane
06-01-2012, 01:44 PM
Check your float level, it sounds like your float is too low.