PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some input

HondaRacing83
05-21-2012, 04:41 PM
Ok. I'm in a Bumper dilemma. I'm torn between a regular Ac racing one with a mudscreen, a blingstar iron cross, or a pro armor bullhorn.
Next question is black or polished? Next question is skid plates. So im buying a belly skid, should i get the gt thunder poly one or a regular metal one. Then, im ordering nerfs. Should i get the the alba ones with fat pegs and herlguards aka tusk/rock. or the pro armor ones with fatpegs heelguards or xfr or prm. Next would be graphics. black/red k&k graphics seat cover all for $130? or nacs racing geaphics/seat cover for $100 or duncan racing graphics sear cover for $110 or metal mulisha graphics with black factory effex cover for roughly $110. im thinking k&k there

JOHNDOE83
05-21-2012, 04:54 PM
Well, in my opinion.

The expensive ones dont do anything more then the cheap ones do.

Which ever bumper you pick, just remember that it might be landing on you at some point, so pick a bumper that you dont mind nailing you in the side or chest... "trust me, it happens".

And my best advice to give is, be paitent, dont buy it now cause you cant stand it and have the money now, I only say that cause you may buy it now and find one you like better tomorrow.

Take your time to picture it with the overall outcome when its done, buy parts that compliment eachother and use your own style and what you really want to buy.

And post alot of pics when your building it:D

HondaRacing83
05-21-2012, 05:23 PM
well i have no bumper or skid now so i kind of need them asap

Stickman400
05-21-2012, 09:55 PM
Iron Cross bumper just because they look badass. They are a bit big for some people, but I like them. The Victory bumper is what I have and it looks really good.

I just ordered a poly GT Thunder skid, and I currently have a Maier poly skid on and it works well, so unless your bashing through large rocks I'd go with the poly. But remember it doesn't come with mounting hardware, or holes for the oil tank and crankcase, it's just a blank.

I'd get the Alba/Rock nerf bars, a few guys on here have had them for awhile and love them. No point in spending the extra cash.

And the K&K graphics would be my choice there too.

Rohr397
05-25-2012, 08:20 PM
Sounds dumb but I like the stock bumper way better. The smaller it is the more I like it.

I saw a build project on a Trx450r here: http://www.dirtfirstracing.com/?p=211

They used PRM for the bumper and skid plate. I would definitely look at their skid plates cause it looks like this one wraps up over the front of the frame.

CJM
05-25-2012, 08:31 PM
I got the PRM edge style bumper, belly skid and (had) the desert grab bar. Took a nasty tumble down a hill and everything survived great cept the grab bar (but it did save the plastics and more I think).

I cant say good enough about PRM.

Stickman400
05-25-2012, 09:54 PM
My friend had a Blingstar belly skid on a 450R and the skid was designed to wrap around the the front horizontal frame rail. It was really nice because it was such a solid way of mounting it and it didn't vibrate at all. I wish they made them for 400s.

ish416
05-25-2012, 10:54 PM
As far as the bumper, I would go PRM as they make excellent products.

As for skid plates, GT Thunder poly chassis skid and PRM .250 for the swingarm. These skid plates are as tough as they come.

As for nerfs, well the Tusk are hard to beat for the price.

I would stay away from Pro Armor as their products over the last few years have become poorly made and they do not stand behind them like they used to.

Blingstar has never made a product that could take any punishment. I have seen to many people invest in their products to only have them fail within the first couple of rides.

Graphics and things are up to you.

BeefySTi
05-26-2012, 09:33 AM
The iron cross looks nice, but a buddy of mine has it and honestly, it makes the front end kind of a pain in the a** to move around. it has a lot of weird angles makes picking it up very awkward. just a thought, and just my opinion.

tri5ron
05-26-2012, 12:04 PM
easy to pick up front end.
good front end coverage.
great air flow.
super strong.
knocks down trees that jump out in front of you....

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/03%20400ex/IMG_9151.jpg

Rohr397
05-26-2012, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by tri5ron
easy to pick up front end.
good front end coverage.
great air flow.
super strong.
knocks down trees that jump out in front of you....

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/03%20400ex/IMG_9151.jpg

^what brand is that? I had one of those on my Banshee