PDA

View Full Version : Computer problem

TGW_400ex
05-21-2012, 09:54 AM
So randomly he other day my computer started slowing down and the audio driver quit working. I ran malwarebytes on it and found no infected objects. I eventually then reformatted it and now the sound works but it's stating and the computer is still slow. Do you think my hard drive is bad? I'm running xp btw.

Stickman400
05-21-2012, 10:59 AM
How old is the computer and how much stuff is on the hard drive? My dad had an old Dell running XP for the last 4 years or more, it had ALOT of stuff on it, and it was running slow all the time. We took it to a local computer shop and they told us the HD was toast and we needed to get a new one. Well my dad just decided to buy a new tower and they just moved everything they could off the HD and on to the new tower. So I hate to tell you but you may need to get a new HD and copy everything onto it. XP is getting really old and no one likes working with it anymore.

TGW_400ex
05-21-2012, 12:03 PM
I reformatted it so nothing is on it? Jus a fresh copy of xp.

SpasticR450
06-03-2012, 04:45 PM
Same thing happens to my computers. I don't know why they slow down even if I free up a lot of space it don't help much if at all and I some how lose more and more space when i don't add anything new to my computers. But new hard drives don't cost much. For the price a lot of places charge to fix a computers is almost as much as a new hard drive.
I down loaded google chrome and it made internet a lot faster and my one computer wont play sound but when im on google chrome it will play sound.