PDA

View Full Version : Trx300ex wont start please help

300exRider93
05-21-2012, 08:12 AM
I have a 98 trx300ex that blew up on me. The valve snapped and messed up the cylinder, cylinder head, and piston. I bought a new piston and bored the cylider out the new piston and that got the dents out of the cylinder. I bought a new cylinder head and resealed it and what not. i also got new camshaft, rockers, complete gasket kit, cam chain, and sparkplug. I got it all back together and it wont start, all I get is some pops and thats it. Someone please help me, its been to long since i went riding.

TheLane
06-01-2012, 11:39 AM
Wait so did you hone the cylinder out or bore it out.

If you bored it out you need a bigger bore piston.

You need to do a compression test to see if its holding compression. You can buy them at your local shop for around 30$.

crlt250r
06-01-2012, 03:34 PM
Sounds to me like your timing may be off..

JOHNDOE83
06-01-2012, 08:17 PM
If you did performance mods instead of replacing stock parts like your cam and bore, you may need to jett it to make it run.

If you turn your a/f screw out 3 to 3.5 turns and it starts and runs better, you deffinetly need to up your pilot jett and more then likely need to up your main jett also.

A simple test would be to physically put gas in the carb and try to start it.

If the test's fail you may have your timing a bit off.

300exRider93
06-01-2012, 10:12 PM
Whenever I spray starter fluid in the carb is when it pops. I know that if you get a new exhaust or bore it out that you need to jet it. I didn't think it wouldn't start if you didn't and I got a new piston and bored the cylinder out to the new piston.