PDA

View Full Version : RUMOR: Polaris to buy Cannondale...

freakystone
03-06-2003, 06:49 AM
Henry (the local Cannondale dealer, next to my office), stopped by last night. He was at the Indy dealer show last month and said that Rad 2 Go and Cannondale had a bit of a falling out. He said he heard that Polaris is going to bit 50+ million for the motorsports division.

Besides the obvious reasons, Polaris is trying to keep pace with Bombardier who has two trick fuel injection systems for their atv's snowmobile's, watercraft and outboard motors. Polaris sees Cannondale and the GP control as their "in".

I am still taking it all with a grain of salt but we will see.

The other problem he mentioned is many of the Cannondale dealers will be swept by the way side since Polaris already has a good supply chain. Ouch.

Teufel
03-06-2003, 06:54 AM
I hope that is true:eek2:

Razorback
03-06-2003, 06:54 AM
If that does happen, I suspect you're correct on the dealer part. C-Dale was basically giving away dealerships to get their product on the market. We have some local dealers here in the DFW market that got dealerships, but they don't support the sport at all. They're mostly dirt bike biggots.

There is one that has supported the sport really well, so I hope they don't get hurt, but the others deserve it, IMO.

I wonder though, how this will impact the dirt bikes? I can't see Polaris wanting to get into that business, but maybe that would be a good niche for them.

Teufel
03-06-2003, 06:59 AM
Remember they already make a street bike

cdalejef
03-06-2003, 07:15 AM
If Polaris bids 50 million, they will not win the bid. Pegasas said they will bid a minimum of 57 million.

freakystone
03-06-2003, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
If Polaris bids 50 million, they will not win the bid. Pegasas said they will bid a minimum of 57 million.

Jeff, The actual number Henry quoted was 58 mil but I just said 50+ for ease... ;)

QuadJunkies
03-06-2003, 07:41 AM
I too have heard this rumor.. But then again, I heard they already had a new owner a few weeks ago from a Cdale dealer, he obviously was wrong about that...:huh

brokeitin3
03-06-2003, 07:45 AM
and i heard 6 months ago, honda was coming out with a new sport quad. as a matter of fact i read the article in dirtwheels.:D :D :D

rookiex
03-06-2003, 07:58 AM
Good I can get a post in!

Stupid hard driver :grr

You all don't think polaris will change anything with the dale..

I mean its fine as it is besides some bugs it needs to kick and polaris has the $$$$ to help get them out.

I just dont want them to put a auto clutch just because they think it would work good with one :confused: ..

The the pred. plastic naw.. that won't work either.

Then they would tack on 75 pounds so its heavy like the pred.

Then they will detune it so its not as fast as the pred.

:mad:

That would suck.

Wired
03-06-2003, 09:17 AM
wow that would kick major @ss if polaris bought out cdale. the 2 best quads currently on the market would belong to polaris... very nice!!! ive always loved polaris :macho

Ryan
03-06-2003, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop

Who the heck is Pegasas :huh .

That would be awesome if Polaris does buy the company. I wonder if they would even bother producing their Dirt Bikes though?

Castor-426ex
03-06-2003, 09:24 AM
i think polaris just wants to see what makes the dale tick...then use it for their benefit...

I could never imagine a cannondale 4by4 :D

03-06-2003, 10:58 AM
No Bomardier is supposed to buy off c-dale...

Glow Plug
03-06-2003, 11:33 AM
i would love it if bombaider or polaris bought the company's why because then i have both of these dealers in saskatoon :D and no dales so i will be happy any way

400exBro
03-06-2003, 01:51 PM
ya i hope bomb buys c-dale that way i can get one after all....
plus the ds-650 is the only sport quad that bomb makes and sells

400exrules
03-06-2003, 02:36 PM
honda should buy cannondale and it could be there new 440 quads :devil lol

Rip_Tear
03-06-2003, 04:40 PM
Just not Polaris please. I couldn't ever bring my self to get something made by Polaris, I don't mind if people have them and like them or anything. As long as you don't try and get me to buy one, its just something I cant do! If Bomb bought them it would be awsome for me, I love Bomb and Honda and wouldnt have a problem buying for either :D Besides my dealer is a Honda/Bomb dealer!

Sparks425Ex
03-06-2003, 04:48 PM
I hope neither Bomidier or Polaris buys Dale. They will ruin it in my opinion. Dales are Dales for a reason. I hope they get bought by a no name company.