PDA

View Full Version : CRF lsr hybrid build

quadfmx
05-20-2012, 06:45 PM
looking to start a crf build, I have been wanting to do a hybrid for a long time but never had the time it takes to set one up,
Could anyone point me to some info or threads pointing out what are some of the hard to find parts or the easier way to get the parts you need to make the project go easier,
Im buying a frame and subframe,
planned on picking up a motor carb and electronics all in one shot.
I know I will need a carb boot prob, but besides that I am new to the hybrid quad game, so if someone could give me some pointers or where to find the info I need to get my project going,
one thing I was curious about was who would do the exhaust to make it work for a quad,
I know LED racing makes custom exhausts but I figured u would use he bike header and need a canister that would bolt up to the subframe or something.
like i said before any help and info is appreciated,
Also ,would like to know whats the best year engine to shoot for using on the project

chopp124
05-21-2012, 06:05 PM
what frame u using

danhung11
05-21-2012, 06:16 PM
Received your PM, your mail box is full.

strick9racing
05-22-2012, 05:03 AM
i have a lonestar frame for sale and a 03 motor, carb, ign. fresh top end but needs a crank, super clean motor tho. 900 shipped for the motor

Groves187
05-22-2012, 10:47 AM
I think the hardest part is the intake. If you use a Lsr 250r geometry frame everything is pretty much bolt on except the intake and exhaust. I'm running the stock CRF head pipe on my bike with a modified HMF can and a short intake with a angled 1070 K&N filter. I'm making 55hp with a hrc cam, a port clean up (not modified) 12:1 piston on pump gas. So the exhaust and short intake are capable of making good power.