PDA

View Full Version : Line X on suspension?

400thacker
05-19-2012, 07:00 PM
05 450R

just bought this thing and the a arms have a little rust and chipped PC on them but the quad now has FULL rock skid plates. I shouldn't have to worry about anymore chipping but I want them to look good so...

I called the local line x dealer and they said they would do just the a arms for $50 in red.
I got to looking and I would like to do my engine mounts, kicker, rear brake pedal, master cylinder cover, handle bars and possibly my nerfs and wheels.

I have researched this and I hear line X is alot harder and way more durable than the rhino liner and that it is possible to do this. Some do their fenders as well but I don't want that.

Does anyone have any pics of a 450R with red line x or similar coating on it? Looking for that custom look without having to send everything off for PC.

how well does this stuff hold up to heat? thinkin bout my heat shield on the exhaust as well.

400thacker
05-19-2012, 07:16 PM
here she is

400thacker
05-19-2012, 07:16 PM

finsteratv
05-20-2012, 12:05 PM
some people say over time it fades..I've never seen people use it since i do alot of dunes..I guess you could try it and see!

XC_Racer_129
05-30-2012, 10:09 AM
I sprayed my a-arms with cheap Duplicolor bed liner. It holds up great, so I would imagine that Line-X would hold up awesome.