PDA

View Full Version : Sell 250ex for Z400?

BaD_250ex
03-06-2003, 05:51 AM
I want a bigger fourwheelr, should I get myself a Z400? Anyone have any problems with them? What is the top speed, and the retail?

cool 300ex
03-06-2003, 06:17 AM
Hey i love mine i had no problems with it.I had it for like 2 months or so.They say that it will do 72mph.Up here they want like $5299 with taxs and stuff,The dealer had a used one like new it was $4800 with out tax.

freakystone
03-06-2003, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by BaD_250ex
I want a bigger fourwheelr, should I get myself a Z400? Anyone have any problems with them? What is the top speed, and the retail?

I am on my second Z400 and own a 250EX for my 10 year old son.

I got one of the first Z's and the axle did get a slight wobble to it. My second one has been thrashed much worse and it fine. I hear rumors about the shock mounts but again, no problems. Maybe because I have Works triple rates. I really dont know. But I am 220 naked, 235 all dolled up in my racing power ranger looking gear and thump the ***** out of my Z. So my fingers are crossed.

The Z isnt the power king though. I read all the shootouts and think "hmm, there must be some PU55Y *****ED test riders who like a tame ride" because stock, there are many quads that whoop it. Shee's, Dale's, Raptor's and Pred's.

Unlike what many 400EX owners think though, a stock Z will thump a piped 400EX in a drag and it handles just as good.

The Z does wake up pretty good to mods though. And out the door they can be had for about $5K. I got my first one for $4954 OTD without a warranty. I bought the second one for $5200 OTD with a 4 yr. warranty.