PDA

View Full Version : Maxxis Razr XM Tires......DANG!

jkiserracing
05-17-2012, 07:52 PM
Well I was intrested in maybe giving these tires a try.....umm that was until I saw how much just one tire was!! Good grief man!! Thay are dang sure proud of these things. At $120 PER tire......I think I'll stick with the Holeshots or just regular Razr MX's

KingpinsEx
05-17-2012, 08:11 PM
I really wanted a set after I seen how well riders were doing at the nationals with them last season. I guess they hook up really well, but for that price I will pass. They are nearly double what a razr mx costs! :rolleyes:

Drfat400ex
05-17-2012, 08:12 PM
Lol I gotta pay 130 a tire for regular razrs. Gas up here is also about 5.50 a gallon. And you guys are the ones going through a "depression" how does this work? lol

Stickman400
05-17-2012, 11:24 PM
I paid $116 a tire for Razr 2s. Not that bad imho. Rubber is getting expensive and isn't going to be getting any cheaper either.

HondaRacing83
05-18-2012, 05:03 AM
I paid $60 A piece for my GBC X REXs and they are the same as razr 2's..

ben300
05-18-2012, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by HondaRacing83
I paid $60 A piece for my GBC X REXs and they are the same as razr 2's..

i paid $75 a piece for 20x11-9 kenda kutter XC's and they are lighter, just as tough, and hook up just as good if not better, imo, than the $110+ a piece razr 2's, HS HD's, HS GNCC's/XC's...

ive been wanting to try the x-rex's out...just like the kutters though

Kovatch
05-18-2012, 09:49 AM
The XMs are definitely a nice tire for the track. They are definitely not cheap, but they do hook up pretty good in the loomy conditions. I think the RazrCross fronts will work in almost any condition & I will continue to run that tread pattern (same as Goldspeed SX).

I have grooved Razr MXs from years past in a very similar pattern to how the XMs are now and they hooked up pretty good too. If you have the time you could always groove a set of MXs?? The XM rears are super soft so FYI, they will wear out faster that you expect.

Although at this point I have grooved MXs, RazrCrosses, QuadCrosses, and Goldspeed SX & MXR2s. Never hurts to have a choice.

TacicalRedneck
05-18-2012, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by jkiserracing
At $120 PER tire......I think I'll stick with the Holeshots or just regular Razr MX's

That is expensive... but really what i'd expect.

dxcody
05-18-2012, 05:46 PM
They have actually dropped prices since they came out.

Well maybe not, but i know when i looked at the Razr XC or X or whatever its called they were $149.99 a piece.

When i started typing this post i forgot the cost difference due to 2 ply/6ply.

But still.

Luckly the guys at Parks hook me and my friends up and get us Razr rear 6 ply for like $85 a piece and Razr 2 front for $90 or something like that.

Ill still get the Xrex though.

One thing i cannot stand is, getting stuck.

KingpinsEx
05-18-2012, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Kovatch
The XMs are definitely a nice tire for the track. They are definitely not cheap, but they do hook up pretty good in the loomy conditions. I think the RazrCross fronts will work in almost any condition & I will continue to run that tread pattern (same as Goldspeed SX).

I have grooved Razr MXs from years past in a very similar pattern to how the XMs are now and they hooked up pretty good too. If you have the time you could always groove a set of MXs?? The XM rears are super soft so FYI, they will wear out faster that you expect.

Although at this point I have grooved MXs, RazrCrosses, QuadCrosses, and Goldspeed SX & MXR2s. Never hurts to have a choice.

Well I think retail is about 150 or more for the XMs, but you can get them from motosport for about 120. Yea grooving the razer mxs is definetly the way to go, thats all bascially the xms are. The factory suzuki guys had been doing that for years. I had considered it myself, but dont really know how to go about it. What kind of tool do you use and where do you get it?

jkiserracing
05-18-2012, 09:20 PM
Well....no doubt they look like great tires and must really work well according to those who run them....and yes Im sure rubber is getting expensive like all things...... but like I say at $120 per tire I will stick to the Holeshot at only $70 per tire...I know they work well in many track conditions and I can buy two of those nearly for the price of one xm.

Kovatch
05-21-2012, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by KingpinsEx
Well I think retail is about 150 or more for the XMs, but you can get them from motosport for about 120. Yea grooving the razer mxs is definetly the way to go, thats all bascially the xms are. The factory suzuki guys had been doing that for years. I had considered it myself, but dont really know how to go about it. What kind of tool do you use and where do you get it?

It's been a 3-4 years since I had the MXes grooved and I cannot remember how they were grooved. I buy 2-3 sets of tires a year, but haven't grooved a set in a while. I want to say a tire groover from Rocky Mountain did the trick, but I cannot remember.

Sorry.

bbender85
05-21-2012, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by KingpinsEx
...What kind of tool do you use and where do you get it?

i just used an angle grinder with a grinding wheel.. works good enough (if you do it outside lol). i did it to a set of razr mx i had that were pretty worn to get a little more life out of them.