PDA

View Full Version : 300EX bearing carrier question

thecsfour
05-17-2012, 11:44 AM
I am in the process of removing and replacing the bearing carrier. It probably was never done on this quad. It is a 1997 300EX.

I have been following the "How To" thread and finally got to the point of removing the axle.

When I hit it with the mallet the bearing carrier came out with the axle. Or I should say part of the bearing carrier came out. It was broke on the inside of the swing arm. So when the axle came out part of the carrier came out. Now I can not get the remaining part of the carrier off the axle.

Is the spacer that is on the inside of the bearing carrier a press fit onto the axle????
Because it does not want to come off the axle.

Any ideas anyone??

HondaRider18
05-18-2012, 06:21 AM
There might be something holding it from coming off, Spray some lubricant around the axle where the carrier is, maybe let it soak for a day, if that don't work then start pounding on it with a hammer. The carrier is already broken so it won't matter.

thecsfour
05-18-2012, 04:42 PM
I actually did get the casting part to come off by hitting it with a hammer. Now just the spacer is left. It actually moves and rotates, it just won't slide off the end of the axle near where the bearing nut attaches. Going to have to try to beat on it with a hammer again I guess. Or I thought of just cutting it off with something...

Thanks for the response..