PDA

View Full Version : Rear brake work off frong lever?

djwilliams0822
05-17-2012, 08:08 AM
I was wondering it you get a long brake line and run it from the rear caliper to the master cylinder on the front to make it so both the rear and front work on the lever is that possible? And I was also wondering if you leave the foot pedal on so you can just lock up the back wheels. Is this possible?

on the rocks
05-17-2012, 08:28 AM
you bassicaly just described how a POlariS brake system is set up.

the olt problem with that is you making it all one system so the back brake would feed pressure through the lines and pressurize the front calipers.

other problem would be the front brake master cyclinder is not desighned to pressurize 3 calipers, might have to squeez it harder.

djwilliams0822
05-17-2012, 08:34 AM
So I would have to upgrade my lever? Is there a way that I could use the rear pedal and make it not lock up the fronts too?

atvrider13
05-18-2012, 04:53 AM
No idk thinkso. Unless you had another seperate caliper for the rear pedal system.Sounds crazy but it could be done. On my 450 I always (dreamed) about getting a reluse or that type of clutch and removing the clutch lever and mounting another master on the left side of the bars for the rear brake. Just thought it would be neat. And would be nice to brake slide the rear end from the barmounted brake

250x_kyle
05-19-2012, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by atvrider13
No idk thinkso. Unless you had another seperate caliper for the rear pedal system.Sounds crazy but it could be done. On my 450 I always (dreamed) about getting a reluse or that type of clutch and removing the clutch lever and mounting another master on the left side of the bars for the rear brake. Just thought it would be neat. And would be nice to brake slide the rear end from the barmounted brake

the only way to do it so you could have back breaks then switch to both would be to use a splitter like they do in the dirt track cars so they can shut the front right off or adjust how much front and rear break pedal there is. however in order to do this you would have to adjust the spliter on the fly. and out of curiousity what would be the point?

fearlessfred
05-20-2012, 12:14 PM
have the front and back brakes separate is such a great advantage to someone who is fast or wants to be fast ,that i would let your idea pass and start playing around with using your fronts only. there are times when corning that im using the fronts at the same time with the throttle on.your idea would be great for non aggresive riding

djwilliams0822
05-21-2012, 12:27 PM
I was thinking about making it so if I was riding with someone else the braking power would be better. Then when riding aggressively make a shut off valve or something so I could shut the fluid pressure to the rear. Then I would have separate brakes again.

whyzee
05-21-2012, 05:56 PM
How could you possibly take a sharp corner, or any corner with all four brakes on ???

ridehonda400ex
05-22-2012, 06:47 PM
maybe you could get a one way valve and put it on so when the rear brake pedal is pressed it only feeds to the rear then when the brake lever on the bars is pressed it will feed to the front and the back

djwilliams0822
05-22-2012, 09:13 PM
I was saying to use all four brakes when im just putting around or when I have another rider. Then make a cut off valve in the middle of the rear brake line to the front so they are separate. I wouldn't really need to make sharp turns with 2 people but I would need more braking power