PDA

View Full Version : Pressing Spindles into A-Arms

ansimation
05-16-2012, 07:59 PM
I currently have the front end of my 426 torn apart while waiting on my +2 houser's to arrive but I was wandering if this is something I will be able to do on my own? I had to tap the spindles with a hammer to get them to drop out since they were pressed in originally. Will I have to press them again when I install them? Not sure how to do that.

Also since I have the tie rods out I will be putting my old tie rod ends on the new rods and re-installing them. I just adjust until the tires are straight, right?

Been reading for hours on camber/caster/toe adjustments but for the most part I think those are things I will have to play with to get "right". However, I can't find anything on actually attaching the spindles to new arms.

Thanks,
Travis

quadmanw
05-16-2012, 08:11 PM
The arms will bolt right up to problem. Your ends will go on the tie rods that come with the a arms. You adjust the toe in. you should have about 1/8 of an inch in on each side. IN meaning the front of the tire should be slightly pigeon toed. hope this helps man!

bullett
05-17-2012, 08:07 AM
You should be able to do this yourself. I found the hardest part of installing my arms was getting the old arms off of the spindles. I also adjusted my tie rods while the quad was all back together. My tie rods had a notch in them where I slide a wrench it and adjust accordingly.

ansimation
05-17-2012, 08:32 AM
Thanks guys! The spindles were a little tricky but my google-fu is intense and it didn't take long to figure out that I needed to put em back on the bike and get out the hammer. Found a thread on here tellin you where to hit and everything, lol. I don't know what I'd do without this forum, you guys are great and this little community has helped me tremendously with my bikes so far.

On a side note, C&D sent me out the stuff for my son's 400 early instead of waiting on my arms to get there, so I dropped it off at the shop yesterday to put the 426 kit in it. He's super stoked!