PDA

View Full Version : Bike question

hunter61
05-14-2012, 08:14 PM
How much of a change is the switch from quads to bikes? Pros& cons
Thanks

finsteratv
05-14-2012, 08:26 PM
Bike... pro's: cheaper, better stock suspension, less for tires, lighter, easier to store, easy to haul, dont beat you up as much,faster..con's: harder to ride, have to go fast,more crashes

quads..pro's:can go slow, do better in sand and mud, more versatile in area's they can ride easily, less crashes...con's: more for tires, beat you up more, typically slower, quadtard jokes, more expensive.

I personally like both but it depends on how you ride. I like the challenge of both so I ride both. Sadly both sports have "Bro's"..

finsteratv
05-14-2012, 08:28 PM
I didnt find it to hard to ride a bike too. But i'm very athletic and young so i pick things up fast especially if they have a motor..If you ride a quad aggressivly then you can ride a bike usually haha..Be prepared to wear yourself out

hunter61
05-14-2012, 09:59 PM
Thanks guys I race b class and am very aggressive, now it's getting where everytime I ride I break something. Most of my bike friends never do anything to there bikes during the season but ride them. Just didn't know if I could just put my head down and keep getting faster on quads or make the switch and try to get fast.

blacknblue#2
05-15-2012, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by hunter61
Thanks guys I race b class and am very aggressive, now it's getting where everytime I ride I break something. Most of my bike friends never do anything to there bikes during the season but ride them. Just didn't know if I could just put my head down and keep getting faster on quads or make the switch and try to get fast.

I went through what your going through. I got to the point of where i was riding so hard i was breaking everytime i went out. I paid and paid to fix the quad many times until finally i bit the bullet and told myself i couldnt afford to ride a quad anymore. I made the switch to a bike 2 years ago. It was a whole new ball game, i had to learn to ride all over again basically. I thought i would never be fast again. But im progressing every time i ride the bike. Ive rode it 2 years...hard for 1 year and only thing i have HAD to do was replace fork seals. I had tossed around the idea of going back to a quad recently but i dont think i can do it. For 1 the bike is so much more forgiving and 2 i thought maybe i had calmed down some and wouldnt break near as much....well i played around on a buddies YFZR last weekend on a track just long enough to realize i would be right back in the same boat again..breaking stuff all the time

zyoung04
05-16-2012, 02:34 AM
Ohh now dont act like u didn't want another when u got off mine lol.....looking back I wish I would've started on 2 wheels cheaper and easier to maintain and whole more power but anymore I can barely ride a 10 speed so two wheels scares me