PDA

View Full Version : quad dies

gmmracing
05-14-2012, 05:53 PM
hey guys my sons got 2012 drr 50.. ran his first h/s race last weekend and quad died 2 times on him. figured was a water problem but has snorkel and uni filter with sock and ive built inner skirts for it and i have greased all electrical connections i dont think its a water problem. he can ride about 20 minutes and it just quits restarts fine but doesnt want to move. do the clutches get wet in these things? i have aluminum rear rims with dwt 18x7x8 tires. stock other than that. ive been told tires r to big hoping i didnt smoke clutch. help please!!!!!!!!

raptorobbie
05-15-2012, 09:15 AM
were you running through a ton of water? was the plug/plug wire getting soaked at a certain point and dying?

as far as it not moving - get the rear end off the ground and see if everything spins freely.

let us know

gmmracing
05-15-2012, 03:07 PM
lots of mud and some standing water. held it up but still seemed to struggle to move like the clutch wasnt engaging . then it ran fine for a minute and died again. tearing clutch apart now... acted like it was running out of fuel when it died. or it was hot. thx for any info u may have

jerkyboy
05-15-2012, 04:31 PM
Could have sucked in water. change air filter and plug also drain the bowl. If its not a vented side cover there souldnt be much water inside the cover.

selbygirl
05-15-2012, 08:16 PM
years ago we had a 50 . you ride 50 yards and it would stop , come find out it had to much fuel line travel , ran fuel line straite from tank to carb fixed problem, and check yor stator that may be filled with mud and dirt, and if you have a stock kill swith somtimes wen they get wet they act funny , get a good after market kill switch, and we have had problems with the drr factory conections we hard wire every thing or just get a pvl

gmmracing
05-16-2012, 08:21 PM
cleaned clutch and filter in clutch case which i didnt even realize was there. was pretty dirty cleaned carb to bowl had some dirt in it i think it was floating up into the main jet and killing it. THANKS A TON for the help!!!!!!!

Rileyracing00
05-30-2012, 07:11 PM
We had this happen to us at our last hare scramble. Dirt in the main jet.