PDA

View Full Version : wanna tip?

Moded86R
03-05-2003, 09:53 PM
When trying out new works shocks.Check to see if chain is properly tightened.Before hitting a large hill that sends you 25 foot distance over a road.The chain may be loose causing you and the bike to be propeled downward at a weird angle at a high rate of speed.Luckily the works shocks worked good enough that you don't fly over the ways and be turned into a "spuirt"

CHAUNCY
03-05-2003, 10:32 PM
good thing you didnt get hit by a car after the bad landing. Anything break ???

Moded86R
03-05-2003, 10:41 PM
No nothing broke.The road goes to a subdivision I used to live in.(about an 1/8 mile from my house)There is 5 house in it.And I could see if any cars are coming.The hill is a good 15 foot high and pretty steep.I was jumping it in the dark to.Hitting it at the top of 3rd or the bottom of 4th.

The thing is that is a brand new chain off my R.I rode on it maybe 4 times before my R broke.And My ex chain broke a link so I cut this one down to fit.Well somehow it stretched alot.And it is really loose.I am going to have to take a few links out I guess.The rear sprocket is as old as the chain.(was also on my R.)So I am thinking the old front sprocket wore it out to quick or something.

Moded86R
03-06-2003, 12:20 PM
I just found out why it happened.There are 3 teeth broken off the countershaft sprocket.I guess trying to keep up with the 400 is taking it's toll on the poor little thing!

Time for a new chain and sprockets.

speedy400
03-06-2003, 04:46 PM
gotta love life's little surprises:rolleyes:

Moded86R
03-06-2003, 09:32 PM
Yeah those little suprises keep my from riding.I wanna hit that jump again to.It is great.It is pretty tall I would say 15-20 feet.It is a really steep hill next to a road.You have to go through this part of a yard.(Kind of hard to explain.)I was hitting it in 4th gear.And using the other side of the road as a downramp.I know I was a good way up there.You can feel it.Some new handlebars,chain and sprockets and I will be good to go.

I will try and get pics soon.My favorite jump at my house so far!

@Bad465EX
03-12-2003, 07:38 PM
Sounds Like you had fun