PDA

View Full Version : Intake?

Nettles 400ex
05-14-2012, 04:20 PM
Hey, im looking into buying a new intake for my 400. I want one that is reliable, fair priced and adds a decent amount of horse power.

I ride in mostly coal dirt. In other words a k&n wouldnt be good. I need an intake that i can fit a foam air filter on. like Uni or twin air.

Thanks.

on the rocks
05-14-2012, 04:51 PM
i only run uni, i have never seen dirt or debri beyond the pre-filter. your right about not running K and N, fabric filters are junk, my as well just take your valves to a grinder and grind them down to nothing lol.

dxcody
05-14-2012, 05:18 PM
Well your not going to "See a decent amount of horse power" From a air filter.

Just saying.

but if you want a reliable one, go UNI, Moose, Twin air... Etc.

Basically any foam filter is good.

Heck the stock filter is a good air filter. Unless its dry rotted or your just wanting a little extra reliability, keep the stocker.

You wont notice a power gain from an air filter.

JOHNDOE83
05-14-2012, 05:36 PM
You could run the no airbox mod for free and add a decent amount of power. I ran no airbox for years with no issue's, I even ran wet a few time's and still had no problem's but, I don't reccomend it.

If you like getting wet and muddy when your riding I'd suggest making a lid/pre-filter like Ron made, it can be done fairly in-expensive and is a really good intake mod over a stock setup.

CJM
05-14-2012, 06:51 PM
Outerwears lid. Buy the material from EHS racing and get some aluminum sheet metal from the hardware store and make your own outwears lid.

TheAwesomehonda
05-14-2012, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by on the rocks
i only run uni, i have never seen dirt or debri beyond the pre-filter. your right about not running K and N, fabric filters are junk, my as well just take your valves to a grinder and grind them down to nothing lol. :rolleyes: your wrong... Don't lie and say retarded stuff on this forum please....

b0rn c0nfused
05-14-2012, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by TheAwesomehonda
:rolleyes: your wrong... Don't lie and say retarded stuff on this forum please....

So your gonna start this sh*t and get this thread deleted. We already know your a k&n fan no need to start in again.

Drfat400ex
05-14-2012, 08:55 PM
:rolleyes: your wrong... Don't lie and say retarded stuff on this forum please.... Well if we're correcting everybody *you're* there buddy. Please use proper grammar.

TheAwesomehonda
05-14-2012, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by b0rn c0nfused
So your gonna start this sh*t and get this thread deleted. We already know your a k&n fan no need to start in again. lol ikr. sorry i just had to say something so that no one viewing this thread actually thinks that on the rocks was serious....

CJM
05-14-2012, 09:07 PM
Stop the bull hockey right the F now and grow up! :mad:

TheAwesomehonda
05-15-2012, 07:52 PM
LOL Yeah boys listen to CJM :blah: :blah: :D :D

Drfat400ex
05-15-2012, 08:21 PM
Okay I'm getting really sick of this stupid *** bs on here use the damn search button whenever you feel the need to ask what air filter is best or what pipe is best, there is a million different threads on here about it and everytime a new one starts this happens every single time. To sum it up you will get no noticable difference no matter which filter you choose other than the fact that your wallet will be 60 bucks lighter if you go out and get a K&N with a pre-charger. Other than that, nothing I noticed when I switched, and probably wouldn't notice much from stock either.

CJM
05-15-2012, 09:36 PM
LOL Yeah boys listen to CJM :blah: :blah: :D :D

You need to stop starting crap.

JOHNDOE83
05-16-2012, 08:08 AM
,:::,/" ,:::,/" ,:::,/" ,:::,/" ,:::,/" <-- Turtle Army.....:chinese:

finsteratv
05-16-2012, 08:11 AM
dear lord...If you're interested I have a K&N set up and you probably wouldnt want the filter but i still have the outerwears power lid which could give you a power bump but protect you better.

on the rocks
05-16-2012, 08:15 AM
your wrong... Don't lie and say retarded stuff on this forum please....

k brah! ill get right on the hole " listening to you" lol

lol ikr. sorry i just had to say something so that no one viewing this thread actually thinks that on the rocks was serious....

feeding the trols!

i was serious and i am serious, k and n is junk, trash, crap, shi#, worthless, fabric allows particles to pass through and thats just some thing for your valves to munch on when the shut. oh nom nom nom for your valves.

a foam filter is the best.

TheAwesomehonda
05-16-2012, 10:29 AM
LMFAO :devil: Now this thread can be deleted anytime there ready because i think it just lower my IQ alittle....:macho