View Full Version : Curtis Sparks Advance Timing Key Questions

300exBorg
05-14-2012, 08:17 AM
Hey everyone, I've got a few questions about the advance timing key by Sparks. What exactly will this do to my 400ex? I know it advances the timing 6 degrees but I guess what I am trying to ask is what exactly will the effects be by doing this? If anyone has used one I would love to hear your input on them since it's a cheap mod I can install in no time. My motor is pretty much stock except for a HMF pipe and K&N filter with correct jetting by the way. Also is there ANY (no matter how small or minor) negative effects this will have on my motor? Any input on this would be absolutely awesome. Thanks in advance!

quadmanw
05-14-2012, 08:34 AM
No negative affects at all. Will make your bike a bit snappier with a little bit better throttle response. No huge gains. I run one with an 11:1 piston and feel nothing lol

300exBorg
05-14-2012, 10:02 AM
Yeah my motor is stock bore and compression at the moment so hopefully I'll feel a little something if I decide to do it. I am thinking I might because it's a simple and cheap mod so why the hell not? I would love to hear someones opinion on it that has a motor with stock bore and compression like mine.

quadmanw
05-14-2012, 10:48 AM
I had it in my stocker too. Go for it man. It's easy to do and you'll notice some smaller gains.

Mr49!!
05-14-2012, 10:56 AM
My brother put one on his bike and loved it. you should do it. his was stock with a pipe, filter, and jetted and he said he could feel the difference.

300exBorg
05-14-2012, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the input everyone! I think I'm just going to say screw it and go for it.

CJM
05-14-2012, 07:00 PM
Meh I honestly dont feel it does much. Put one in a friends bike and I didnt notice jack.