PDA

View Full Version : Majestic Trails

HondaRacing83
05-13-2012, 12:16 PM
Has anyone been there? Me and my Dad and some friends are gonna go. Also is there any trails that aren't to far from me that don't require a plate and insurance? Majestic Trails just "recommends" it. Me and my Dad are kind of sick of riding around our property and want some new places to ride and want to plan trips. My mom wants to go to Hatfield McCoy, she just really likes the cabins hahha. But I'm pretty sure they require plate and insurance.

CJM
05-13-2012, 12:25 PM
hatfield you dont need plates or insurance, just gotta pay the membership fee to ride, like 50 bucks a year.

I dont remember 100% but I think majestic is very rocky, more geared for utilitys.

Why dont you go riding at the coal hills in say treverton or such?

HondaRacing83
05-13-2012, 12:52 PM
is trevorton like an actual place you have to pay? i dont know much about it. are you saying i should get a skid before riding at majestic? hahaha.

CJM
05-13-2012, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by HondaRacing83
is trevorton like an actual place you have to pay? i dont know much about it. are you saying i should get a skid before riding at majestic? hahaha.

Treverton is local mining trails/coal hills. Its a fun place, I havent been but Im planning on going next sunday if possible.

Majestic, yea you need a skid. Heck you need a skid period imho unless you ride in the sand like me.

HondaRacing83
05-13-2012, 02:05 PM
Yeah I know I just havn't got around to getting one yet haha.

CJM
05-13-2012, 04:34 PM
Join us for treverton if you want next week. Should be a fun day.

I rode without a skid for awhile, but being I mostly ride in sand there isnt much to ruin your stuff-anywhere with rocks I think its a must. I currently run the GT Thunder 400EX skid (for long travel linkages), a PRM belly skid and a PRM bumper. This way the whole underside is covered.

cdrookie
05-13-2012, 05:02 PM
majestic use to groom most of their trails, the majority was pretty smooth and hard pack. haven't been there in a few years but it was a fun ride.

treverton is part of the RAC(which nobody can give definate boundaries for) suppose to have a yearly membership and it's somewhere i wouldn't feel comfy riding around without pa reg and insurance as you never know who you might run into, or if you're even on RAC's property.

OldGuyonaQuad
05-13-2012, 06:23 PM
Most all of NEPA is gonna be rocky and require a skid unless you have 2-3" of snow cover. Most of Trevorton consists of coal hauling roads the rocks don't slow you down most of the time.

As for paying as told to me by my Trevoroton expert (Punk Rock Keil) you can park on county land, you just have to know where to park. If you park in the upper or lower parking lots off of 2044 you usually get ticketed and or towed. Technically the coal hills are off limits but people still ride over there.

The RAC (Reading Anthraicte Company) owns and issues permits to ride renewable and good untill 1/15 every year. over 15,000 acres and with you are allowed to hunt on these grounds as well. I think it's still $125 and they now offer internet sales so you dont have to take the day off and go to Pottsville to get one in person. From what I understand 90% of the riders dont have permits. That could change in the coming years if and when this new company takes over.

If you want to check out the trails go to google maps type in RTe 2044 & Anthracite rd Trevorton, pa the trails are off to the the right & the coal hill is on the left. (satelite view trails are in white)Lots of great riding and a $h!t your pants coal hill ;) go to youtube and check them out.

KingpinsEx
05-14-2012, 04:57 PM
Majestic trails are very nice. I forget how far they are, but last I was there they were expanding. You can easily get a days riding in without riding the same trail twice. They loop around so its nice, you just gotta follow the signs. There definitely are some rocky 4x4 sections, but they are marked and you can avoid them. Most of the trail system is groomed though and you can ride fast. They also got a small mx track to boot! I highly recommend that place.

quad2xtreme
05-14-2012, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by KingpinsEx
Majestic trails are very nice. I forget how far they are, but last I was there they were expanding. You can easily get a days riding in without riding the same trail twice. They loop around so its nice, you just gotta follow the signs. There definitely are some rocky 4x4 sections, but they are marked and you can avoid them. Most of the trail system is groomed though and you can ride fast. They also got a small mx track to boot! I highly recommend that place.

X2. I haven't been there in 3 years but we rode sport quads with no issues. The track is fun to play around on for a a little jumping action. At the time, we were on every trail. There wasn't anything that I remember being rocky.