PDA

View Full Version : 04trx question

Justin Jackson
05-12-2012, 08:24 PM
I've got an 04 Trx. Just picked it up from the classifieds section. Motor was put back to stock specs with a mild port n polish on it... First there was a clutch issue and fixed that.. But now I'm stumped. Its like the cranks locked up but then again it's not. It started kicking really hard and the kicker would get stuck and not turn the motor over.. Not even with all my weight on it. Then if I brought it back up top it would kick from the top and fire right up. It died on me on the track and the kicker is still acting the same way, I tried pull starting it and it's not even turning the motor over constantly.. It's here and there... But when it will fire it runs excellent ... Could this still be a clutch issue? Is there something that goes wrong in the kicker? Or worst case... I thought the crank could be out of it. But then again if it were it would run so good when I can get it started. It's and ex pro bike with a stock motor in it.. I'd really appreciate the help...

piejazz96
05-12-2012, 09:36 PM
Crank bearing possibly, common problem with the 04s and 05s

Balaz_73*00
05-13-2012, 07:01 AM
Sounds lk you got screwed. I wouldnt jump to crank failure conclusions, do your research and see if its an easy fix

DnB_racing
05-13-2012, 07:33 AM
I would give the kicker gears and internals a real good looking over,

I also wouldn't be too quick to condemn the crank

Justin Jackson
05-13-2012, 12:40 PM
Thanks guys! It acts like it's in the kicker. It gettin hung up on something that's for sure.

xcracer416
05-13-2012, 01:51 PM
if the kicker assembly isnt in time correctly it will do sorta what you are saying. i had mine out by one tooth and it acted really funnly like that. since you had a clutch issue, what all did you replace?

if you put a clutch basket in it or had the right side cover off it is possible you got the kicker mechanism out of time