PDA

View Full Version : New to the web forum

highside74
05-12-2012, 12:37 PM
Have a 2006 Mongoose 50 that my 7 yr old has just now started to enjoy after getting it for his 5 birthday. I guess he just wasn't ready. I want to customize it with some wider a-arms and extend the swing arm. Probably pipe and shocks also. Would love any advice/tips you have to offer. Also any good places to get after market parts that will cross over to this platform would be great. We would love lightly used parts for the right price. Thanks guy's looking forward to having some fun on this forum and getting some great info.

quadpoppy7
05-16-2012, 07:25 PM
I may have some parts
Sending you a PM

highside74
05-19-2012, 10:23 AM
So I was able to find a full set of 2" wheel spacer's at a local bike shop. So I guess that means +4. The guy that helped me the first day said he didn't have anything else for my quad. The spacer's were on a closeout rack for 50% off of $200 listed for a predator 50/90 4/110. So I went home to make sure they would fit. Went back the next day and happen to get the part's manager this time, when I was getting ready to purchase. I asked him about jets and pipes. He say's "what are you working on?" I tell him Kymco 50. He asks if I'm looking for anything else because he has some old boxes in the back. He comes from the back with a set of AC universal nerf bars listed for a Kasea and two set's of +2 JB racing kymco single a-arms. His cost on the nerf's $107 I get them for $100. He has no cost on the a-arms in the computer anymore so he say's make him an offer. I didn't buy the a-arms yet but I think I might. I also tracked down a uni pod filter and a 98 jet at a different dealer. It was a good couple a days. Put everything on yesterday. Looks good and runs good also.