PDA

View Full Version : Major problem

linderman10
05-12-2012, 02:21 AM
I havn't tore into the motor yet but I'd like to know what I'm getting into. I have a 04 kfx 400 for starters nothing done just stock. The problem is that apparently the timing has slipped and the chain was rubbing into the motor. During this time, I'm not sure if it a whole in the piston or just rings or more but it started burning oil bad under a load. when I looked into the airbox it was full of oil and what ever broke in the motor went into the tranny and is stuck in 1st but it will go into neutral just the shifter won't budge up once its in first. Does anyone know the possibility of what I'm getting into and how hard would it be to work on the tranny. btw its still runs which kinda puzzles me. thanks

rtrocket59
08-05-2012, 01:54 PM
If your motor still runs i doubt it tore into the tranny. Adjust your clutch and than you'll be able to shift. But oil in the airbox, have fun with that :D

linderman10
08-05-2012, 04:56 PM
The ring pin and dowl came off the coolent pump gear which went into my tranmy, my rings werewore and seized to the piston and the timing chain was baddly stretched, finaly got it going today and it runs good just boggs downwhen i give it alot of gas but i dont have a filter or the intake to the box hooked up so maybe that idk