PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with my rig

TacicalRedneck
05-10-2012, 04:46 PM
Ok,

I'm looking for some help with my truck, its a 95 cummins 12 valve, 5 speed. Only realy mod is the 4" straight pipe.

So, i was leaking massive amounts of oil. I went down to the shop, and the guy charged me 1/2 an hours worth to put on a few missing bolts.. Not bad really... i never missed them.

So now, oil seems to be coming out my dipstick. My delivery valves were covered in oil. My dipstick is cracked and there is about 1-2" of give in it when you check the oil (push it in).

Any ideas?

crank pressure? rings?

?

Going back there tomorrow probably.

Exrider434
05-11-2012, 07:19 AM
Didn't you just answer your own question?? The dipstick is broke and it's leaking oil?

TacicalRedneck
05-11-2012, 07:26 AM
I dont think the crack is enough. Pretty sure theres some crank pressure. Looking for ideas why.

fandl450r
05-11-2012, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by TacicalRedneck
I dont think the crack is enough. Pretty sure theres some crank pressure. Looking for ideas why.

You'd be surprised as to how much oil could come out of a crack when it's hot.

My suggestion, and probably the cheapest, would be to replace the dipstick.

Tommy Warren
05-11-2012, 08:45 PM
a crack will expand when its heated;)

mx Eli
05-13-2012, 10:24 AM
oil out of the dipstick means blowby most of the time, how many miles are on it? could be time for rings

TacicalRedneck
05-13-2012, 12:22 PM
270k miles, I didnt think oil would come out like that, but they say it will if its not sealed. So.im gonna try to see if thisll fix it.

hondarider2006
05-23-2012, 08:40 PM
Have you checked your crank case breather tube?? If it's plugged in any way it can cause problems like this.

People like to extend them and run them further towards the rear of the vehicle.... That's fine unless the hose goes "uphill" in anyway. Then you can get sludge build up and where I live condensation likes to freeze in the winter and cause similar problems.

It's just a thought. Could be blow by as well. When the engine is running and you remove the oil fill cap, is there a lot of "smoke" coming out of there as well?

TacicalRedneck
05-23-2012, 09:11 PM
Actually fixed it, was loose bolts around injector pump along with the unsealed dipstick. But I am moticing smoke out dipstick tube at idle.