PDA

View Full Version : xc set up

offroader34
05-10-2012, 10:16 AM
Just bought my son a 2012 drx 90, what are some of the tricks for setup on this bike?? We just race local xc and he is coming off a suzuki lt 80...first thing is, what rear tires does everbody run and what size, I see the stock rear are not that great.. Any tips and help will be appreciated....

BEARAZZ
05-10-2012, 02:41 PM
Maxxis 940 rears are great and razor cross fronts. Make a guard with rubber or something to shield your coil from water

fomospede
05-11-2012, 08:39 AM
we run dwt 18'' with good results
steering damper
frame skid
a lightly sprung cvt setup to beat heat build up and longevity
a dry intake setup (water is the death of engine)
a ngk water proof sparkplug boot
seal up stator area

i could keep on going but we cant give all the secrets away youll have to earn some!

offroader34
05-11-2012, 10:40 AM
Thats for the tips, we are picking it up this week....Looks like i got some work to do....Im sure I'll be back asking questions.....

fast shee
05-11-2012, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by fomospede
we run dwt 18'' with good results
steering damper
frame skid
a lightly sprung cvt setup to beat heat build up and longevity
a dry intake setup (water is the death of engine)
a ngk water proof sparkplug boot
seal up stator area

i could keep on going but we cant give all the secrets away youll have to earn some!
What engine/cylinder setup do you run? Thought stock was the way to go but think i will have to step it up really soon.

fomospede
05-11-2012, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by fast shee
What engine/cylinder setup do you run? Thought stock was the way to go but think i will have to step it up really soon.
a personally machined, ported and tuned malossi 70cc
play practice machine is a 100plus cc
i think a stock component motor would be ok built right! that being said in xc it is chassis working right and rider comfort

offroader34
05-17-2012, 06:41 AM
Do you guys use a different spring other than stock to make the belt engage at a lower rpm for xc, if so what spring should i get...just seems like it engages way to high for xc...heard the lower rpm engagement also doesnt get as hot and helps on belt wear..should i also get the vented sidecover and use some foam over vents???any help will b appreciated...thanks

fomospede
05-17-2012, 10:01 AM
we use the polaris cvt cover

these things stall pretty hi but they have to as there torque production is low
buy a tach and see where your at

jakesdad6
05-20-2012, 07:50 PM
Got a Hetrick air box that relocates the air filter to under the head lights and puts it in a air box. They work great we use them have a extra one for sale 85 shipped

Rileyracing00
05-30-2012, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by BEARAZZ
Maxxis 940 rears are great and razor cross fronts. Make a guard with rubber or something to shield your coil from water

Can you take a picture of your set-up for us? I'm new to racing these quads also. We are racing hare scrambles and could use any advice given!! Thanks a bunch