PDA

View Full Version : INSTALLING WB park brake block off

12-09-2001, 05:30 PM
I bought a white brothers park brake block off kit today. Looks cool but I don't know where it goes? Can anyone explain how to install this brake block off. I know it goes on the left side of the rear caliper thats all I can see. Can anyone help? Thanks

Honda Rebel
:confused: :confused:

4punksdad
12-09-2001, 05:38 PM
I have never installed one, but I believe you have to remove all of the parking brake assembly & replace it with the flat cover. shouldn't be too tough to figure out.

12-09-2001, 05:43 PM
It looks more like a spacer, their is a plate that looks just like the one I bought already on the caliper. I am thinking you take out the 2 bolts then but the block off on top of the similar shaped plate that is already on the caliper then put the bolts back in. The only thing I don't get is you would need longer bolts. I have no clure really. I know I just want to get that darn park brake off I nevr use it is such a pain! Thanks

400MXer
12-09-2001, 05:56 PM
No NO No, You don't stack it on top. You take the parking brake assembly off completely. Then replace it with your WB block off plate.

Lil90man!!
12-09-2001, 05:59 PM
when i did it with mine on the back of the bike there is the cable that goes down it is on the left side of the brake assembly when looking at it from tha back, you take out the 2 bolts that holds on the little bolt and everything, take everything off, use the two bolts to put the plate back on and ;)

Tommy 17
12-09-2001, 07:08 PM
take out the 2 bolts i believe they are 12mm and the whole thing will fall right out. then u put the parking brake block off plate where that went and it goes right on wit the 2 bolts.....

12-10-2001, 09:55 PM
So after you remove the assembly and replace it with the plate and 2 bolts, what do you do with the cable? Do you remove the cable and everything? Just lose the whole thing all together? Sounds to simple!! just kidding. Thanks guys

Honda rebel :square

4punksdad
12-11-2001, 04:11 AM
yeah.......just remove the cable completely. then do what I do. hang them on the garage wall with all of the other "spare" parts until you get sick of looking at them. then try to sell them on e-bay before throwing them in the trash. :)
good luck with it.

RideRed400EX
12-11-2001, 10:09 AM
When you remove the parking brake and cable the lock (on the clutch assembly) will bobble around and make annoying noises. Do yourself a favor and get a new clutch and perch while your at it.