PDA

View Full Version : Got my stolen 440 back!!!

jman7290
05-09-2012, 05:12 PM
I found my quad on Craigslist last night in Harrisonburg VA and called the police. They siezed it today and I get to pick it up tomorrow morning. It has been six long months, but got it back in time for the riding season. Morral of this story is don't ever give up. I have searched Craigslist and Ebay daily and it popped right up last night like a boner! I was so excited that I called 911. They said this is not an emergency sir, and I said yes it is because I am about to kill a mutha f@%#er....

Duf6
05-09-2012, 05:25 PM
That's good glad you got it back!

erik420
05-09-2012, 05:49 PM
Thats great man!

JOHNDOE83
05-09-2012, 05:52 PM
MAN THATS AWESOME!!!!!

My quad is entirely custom, if anyone were to steal it I could pick any part of it out if it ever whinded upon CL or Ebay.

I love this "it is an emergency cause Im about to kill a mother fuhker"!!! LOL...priceless

I would of called the guy and drove to his house....:macho

CJM
05-09-2012, 05:56 PM
I woulda called the guy, got the address and met the police a block away.

Excellent you got it back.

01boneless
05-09-2012, 06:03 PM
thats awsome man!!

quadmanw
05-09-2012, 06:53 PM
That's awesome man! Glad to hear you got it back! I would've killed the guy.. Lmao

on the rocks
05-09-2012, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by jman7290
I was so excited that I called 911. They said this is not an emergency sir, and I said yes it is because I am about to kill a mutha f@%#er....

that awesome!!

congrats on getting it back. any chance insurance already gave you the money for it too? lol

dxcody
05-09-2012, 09:47 PM
Hey man, glad you got it back!

One thing though, dont go killing people because the guy could just be a victim of circumstance.

I mean yea he should have looked/checked the VIN# when/if he bought it off someone but some guys just end up with the raw end of the deal... He may not have known it was stolen. Or he could have been the one who stole it. Hard telling but either way glad you got her back!

Unfortunatly i have been in that situation. Now i get AT LEAST a bill of sale when i buy something !

Stickman400
05-09-2012, 09:48 PM
Awesome news man! It's always nice to hear when someone gets their stolen wheeler back from some bottom of the barrel scum bag.

finsteratv
05-09-2012, 10:32 PM
Nice man!

chronicsmoke
05-10-2012, 06:04 AM
Should have paid him a visit first!:devil: Let him call the cops haha

300exBorg
05-10-2012, 03:20 PM
Wow, that's awesome man! I am happy you got it back, it's a damn shame we have to deal with **** like this.

BeefySTi
05-10-2012, 04:18 PM
Congrats man! that is awesome!

buck440
05-10-2012, 08:26 PM
don't be supprised if you have to pay to get it out.

Mr-Sleeper-34
05-11-2012, 09:36 AM
I found my quad on Craigslist last night in Harrisonburg VA and called the police. They siezed it today and I get to pick it up tomorrow morning. It has been six long months, but got it back in time for the riding season. Morral of this story is don't ever give up. I have searched Craigslist and Ebay daily and it popped right up last night like a boner! I was so excited that I called 911. They said this is not an emergency sir, and I said yes it is because I am about to kill a mutha f@%#er....

#EpicWin reply

Originally posted by dxcody
Hey man, glad you got it back!

One thing though, dont go killing people because the guy could just be a victim of circumstance.

I mean yea he should have looked/checked the VIN# when/if he bought it off someone but some guys just end up with the raw end of the deal... He may not have known it was stolen. Or he could have been the one who stole it. Hard telling but either way glad you got her back!

Unfortunatly i have been in that situation. Now i get AT LEAST a bill of sale when i buy something !

^Very good point.

Thumpin440ex
05-11-2012, 09:57 AM
Sweet, you found it. Where do you live, in the same area or far away? Let us know if this was the guy that stole it or just bought it from the POS that did. Again awesome.

John

camaromitch
05-11-2012, 11:23 AM
That reminds me of a news article I heard this morning. A guy found his bicycle that had been stolen for sale on Craigslist. He called the guy and when they met up he asked if he could take it for a test drive and he just peddled away lol.

I guess it would only work if you walked to the guys place but if I lived nearby I would have been your driver.

Congrats!

Steve89x
05-11-2012, 02:10 PM
He just peddled away lol that's histerical

jman7290
05-11-2012, 09:19 PM
I live in Northern Virginia, I found it in Harrisonburg Va which is about an hour and 20 minutes away from me. The kid had a noterized bill of sale, so the police are still investagating it.

Otis.Leo
05-14-2012, 07:17 AM
I live in Northern Virginia, I found it in Harrisonburg Va which is about an hour and 20 minutes away from me. The kid had a noterized bill of sale, so the police are still investagating it.

Bill of sale hey? So this guy bought it and then tried turning it around by selling it on Craigslist.. he probably is the guy that stole the bike and was smart enough to get the BOS so he wouldn't get in trouble.