PDA

View Full Version : Views on Predator

300XFST4602
03-05-2003, 05:47 PM
What are you guys views on the Predator. I mean what have you herard good about it and whta have you heard bad about it. I mean i am really waiting for Honda to come out with something , but i am not going to wait another year.

flaneledholes
03-05-2003, 07:23 PM
I have rode one, all stock. They rip, but have a "jerky" power band, and they suck ***** below 2500rpm... But besides that, they absolutely rip, great handling, great looks, and believe it or not, they are impossible to pop a wheelie on! A pipe and filter help's them alot... They breathe alot more, the same pred just got a new up grade, wb slip-on, and k&n... It will beat a piped, filtered, and camed raptoe all stock(saw it with my own 2 eyes) and it was not rider weight or rider expierence.. they just haul *****...

03-05-2003, 07:30 PM
Dude the rear wheels have wheel bearings like the fornt lmao... during a race a polaris racer or someone racing a predator had a airbox actually fall out from his frame.. also the siwngarm isn't the greatest, the over full anti freeze tank is sticking out ready to get hit.. heard the motor is pretty good but how reliable is it? the fornt end I heard wa spretty good for travel and jumping and stuff... good rims but the tires shoul ah eben itp's holeshot's...

Striker49
03-05-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by 300XFST4602
What are you guys views on the Predator. I mean what have you herard good about it and whta have you heard bad about it. I mean i am really waiting for Honda to come out with something , but i am not going to wait another year.

Good:
-Steering System (Owners claim everything else they ride feels alot looser than the Pred)
-Power (Good power and will eat most other stock machines)
-Price (Take a look at the other bikes in/near its class. The prices are unbeatble. It would cost me $100 more or so to get a Z than a Predator here where I live)
-Goodies (The machine comes stock with aftermarket tires, good shox, nerfs...depending on what package you get)
-Front end (It is designed to keep the front end down and on the ground which makes it an excellent hill climber)

Bad:
-Minor problems (Seat not staying latched, droopy rear fenders when coated with alot of mud, heard a few other things but cant name them off the top of my head)
-Weight (For an MX type quad, it would be a little on the heavy side, but should not matter for trial riding and XC racing)

You might also try www.pred500central.com for additional info. :)

Hope this helps.

O, reliability engine wise should not be as much of a factor since the people who make the engines for the Pred also make engines for Suburu, If i am not mistaken. But, only time will tell on what bugs pop up.

JustRace
03-05-2003, 08:10 PM
i believe fuji makes the motors

QuadJunkies
03-07-2003, 07:50 AM
I personeally have rode one twice the last time was at the dunes ..I cant say enough about the way it rides..:cool: And the power is awesome!:blah

DESDAK4
03-07-2003, 07:56 AM
One of my riding buddies has one and that thing just flies. He seems to ride wheelies very easily on it. It has even taken a couple of pretty good rolls down some hills and held up with no damage. I think they are a very nice quad and should hold up well as he beats his to death and is yet to hurt it.

Jay
USAF
AMMO

rookiex
03-07-2003, 09:49 AM
Give the pred time ..... Give them time to fix things work on stuff...

AFTER MARKET PARTS to come out....Then lets see how that pred does.....Everything has to be proven.And its only had a vary short time to be judged upon.

Elka already has quad rates for the Pred. out.

Next thing you know,LSR is making parts,Gibson,leager,

Then you have so many mods that you can fix anything you don't like from the manufacture.

jay's 300
03-07-2003, 02:29 PM
A friend of mine has one and it gets the Raptor in the long run, but out of the hole it gets eaten alive. Other than that I like it alot. Handles great and wheelies are kinda easy on it, I thought. Good machine overall, let's just hope it holds up! :blah

Z400central
03-07-2003, 04:44 PM
fuji makes the motor, who makes engines for subaru, as well as other major companies.