PDA

View Full Version : gmail / craigslist?

bbender85
05-09-2012, 05:28 AM
is anyone that uses gmail having trouble getting any responses back when you email the craigslist-generated anonymous email address in listings? i've noticed all spring i don't get responses back when i email someone about their listing, and i finally emailed one using my work email and got a response.. and i asked him if he got the two emails from my gmail and he said no.

they show up in my sent folder, i don't get any undeliverable mail kickback, and i don't see any responses in my spam folder.

anyone else?

jkiserracing
05-09-2012, 07:28 AM
most likely your gmail is sending them to their spam folder for some reason. You might try making the subject line something different when replying with your gmail account.....such as instead of using the heading that is the actual title in the craigslist ad re type it to something more generic like "450r for sale" or what ever it may be your looking at.

chucked
05-09-2012, 10:40 AM
You need to make your response more specific, maybe include your number. You're probably emailing people questions like "is this still available". Whenever I get spam from cl its always from a gmail email account.

TacicalRedneck
05-10-2012, 05:37 AM
takes a whole day for me to get the email when it says 15 minutes

on the rocks
05-10-2012, 08:25 AM
i use gmail and it sucks with craigs list email. and im specific as can be, i include my name/ number/ pictures/ detailed conversation. im assuming there still not getting it.