PDA

View Full Version : qotm rules?

hartwill
05-08-2012, 07:34 PM
Hey guys, just wanted to ask about qotm, I entered this past month and posted in this section stating that. I received a reply from another person that entered saying that was against the rules to do that. Is there any truth to this? If I recall correctly I have seen it done before, I just want to make sure either way. Didn't mean to upset anyone by doing so but I just wanted to inform the 250r guys there were a few in there including mine.

rayman375
05-08-2012, 08:34 PM
This is what I found in the rules, I don't think you are breaking them.

"To help to prevent cheating, wieging of the polls, I am adding these following rules. Starting 09/01/06, all members that enter, must have been members for at least one month, or they are not eligible to enter. Also if a post on another site soliciting votes about a member entered in the ATVriders.com Quad of the Month is brought to my attention, it will be at my discrepancy on what is done."

Grande Huevos
05-08-2012, 09:19 PM
I seen the post you speak of and dont think you did anything wrong! Its not like you put a gun to anybodies head and said you must vote for my quad, you simply brought the qotm to everybones attention so they could go check it out. The other member was worried you were gonna get all the 250r votes over his Hybrid, but the last time I checked there were plenty of fellow R owners that are also Hybrid owners too. They could just as easily vote for his over yours. I wouldnt worry about it if I were you, plus wouldnt one of the sites moderators had somthing to say about it if you were breaking rules???

gtilley45
05-09-2012, 08:25 AM
Grande Huevos- I wasn't worried about Will stealing any votes from me. The post we're talking about was a joke more than anything. Me and Will had been talking a lot at the time, and I was just kinda poking at him a little like I'm sure you all do with your buddies. I wasn't trying to stir anything up or get Will in any trouble, and if people like his quad better than mine....that's fine with me. I'm way too old and have way too much going on in my life to worry THAT much about how many people like Will's quad better than mine. I built the quad that way because it was what I wanted for MYSELF. I'd had people give me a lot of compliments and tell me I should enter QOTM so I did. But I'm here to learn and make some friends more than I am to win an online poll. Besides....I've won QOTM on other sites and it's not like you get anything for it.

Will- I hope you and me are still cool. I didn't mean any hard feelings toward you at all. Like I said, I was basically just goofing with you. I guess I should have been a little more clear about my intentions with that post. But just in case it's needed......there were no bad intentions or hard feelings, and I apologize if it came off that way.

-Grant

hartwill
05-09-2012, 09:52 AM
No that's fine, lol. It's just hard to tell If someone is joking or not online, ya know? I was just making sure I wasn't breaking any rules. Really nice quad BTW..

chronicsmoke
05-09-2012, 10:52 AM
You both have sick rides.. don't know who I'll vote for..:confused:

gtilley45
05-09-2012, 11:32 AM
You'll have to vote for us another month. We lost this one to an LT-R. LOL

hartwill
05-09-2012, 12:02 PM
I know man, all it had was some cool stickers too. I don't think there was much aftermarket stuff If any. Just pretty looking I guess.

gtilley45
05-09-2012, 03:49 PM
Stickers and some PC was about it for the most part. Oh well, it was a good looking mo fo that's for sure.

hartwill
05-09-2012, 06:05 PM
Oh yea it's a good looking quad for sure, just didn't foresee it winning with all the high dollar builds this month. Kinda shocked me.

Grande Huevos
05-10-2012, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by gtilley45
Grande Huevos- I wasn't worried about Will stealing any votes from me. The post we're talking about was a joke more than anything. Me and Will had been talking a lot at the time, and I was just kinda poking at him a little like I'm sure you all do with your buddies. I wasn't trying to stir anything up or get Will in any trouble, and if people like his quad better than mine....that's fine with me. I'm way too old and have way too much going on in my life to worry THAT much about how many people like Will's quad better than mine. I built the quad that way because it was what I wanted for MYSELF. I'd had people give me a lot of compliments and tell me I should enter QOTM so I did. But I'm here to learn and make some friends more than I am to win an online poll. Besides....I've won QOTM on other sites and it's not like you get anything for it.

Will- I hope you and me are still cool. I didn't mean any hard feelings toward you at all. Like I said, I was basically just goofing with you. I guess I should have been a little more clear about my intentions with that post. But just in case it's needed......there were no bad intentions or hard feelings, and I apologize if it came off that way.

-Grant

gtilley45 its all good I wasnt trying to come off on the offensive as well I was just trying to clear up that just because it was posted in the 250r section doesnt mean everybody with an R will vote for it....Either way you both have very nice quads and I cant beleive a suzuki Lt won!!

DoonRider
05-30-2012, 04:57 PM
Darn, gtilley45, a professionally built quad is walking away with it this month.
:devious:

gtilley45
05-31-2012, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by DoonRider
Darn, gtilley45, a professionally built quad is walking away with it this month.
:devious:

Oh well, it's just for fun anyway. Hell, I would have voted for yours if I wasn't entered...I almost did anyway. LOL