PDA

View Full Version : A first @ Budds Creek

tyler70t
05-08-2012, 05:03 PM
Congratulations to all the youth racers who won this weekend. As a matter of fact congratulations to all of them, I hear the track was really rough. I followed a lot of the motos on e-score, we wanted to make it down there but i ended up working.
Special congratulations goes out to DJ Bassani & Maci Devenport who are running that new RMC 90 S from Wiley Mods. I hear that is the first time a female won a national in a class full of male riders, something to be very proud of. :D

tyler70t
05-08-2012, 05:07 PM
Also want to congratulate Peyton Zimmerman who took home a 1st, 2nd & 3rd this weekend!!!!
And Emily Irwin for her 3rd place finish in the girls class!

531dad
05-08-2012, 06:04 PM
1st female in that class. Others have won before in other classes.

LT80
05-08-2012, 07:16 PM
In 90cc superstock (we only had SS and mods for classes), My daughter won both moto's at LL in 1996.
She also won a TT race at I91 speedway in 96.

I do not mean to discredit Maci. I hear she is wicked fast.
Hopefully she's the next Angela Butler!! :)

jay-r
05-09-2012, 04:51 AM
Congratulations to all. I wish we could have went. Just too far away. BTW, a girl won the 50sr class at Muddy Creek this year against all boys. :D

Cobra50Dad
05-09-2012, 07:22 AM
Congrats to Maci! She can ride as well as any youth rider I have seen!;)

nastynotchback1
05-09-2012, 08:20 AM
I don't know Maci but i have been watching her race and i would put her up against any youth male rider out there.Congrats on the win

devenport
05-09-2012, 08:34 AM
Just want to thank Tylers Dad and all of the others that congratulated Maci and the other riders. It seems sad that a clarification should have to be made on a compliment but I want to put this out there before anyone else takes a mistaken offense to this thread.

It was stated by not only us but when Maci was on the podium that she was the first female in the 90 Production (male dominated) class to win 1st place. It was never stated that she was the first female ever to win in a boys class. Maci has earned 1st place podium finishes in other classes as well.

Congrats to Angelas Dad for her historical female accomplishments in 1996! So awesome! That's the year I graduated High School ~

We're very excited that there are so many amazing female riders that compete and are advancing in the sport! As always we congratulate all the riders! We look forward to many more years of National Competition!

See you all at round 4!

Lisa Devenport
Mom of #9

jay-r
05-09-2012, 08:45 AM
Maci is a great rider. Her dedication, determination, and skill make her a great role model for the younger girls and boys too. ;)

Good luck with the rest of the series.

LT80
05-09-2012, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by jay-r
Maci is a great rider. Her dedication, determination, and skill make her a great role model for the younger girls and boys too. ;)

Now there is a great reply I'm sure all agree.
I hope nobody took offence about my reply. It wasn't my intent.
I have a great respect for Maci and wish her to win at every race!

To sum this up for me...
Wipe off your goggles racing boys, you have a gals rear number plate to watch! :D :D :devil:

tyler70t
05-09-2012, 10:27 AM
Sorry for the confusion but I hear she was absolutely flying. There are a lot of girls out there that are awesome racers. We have seen the back of their # plates plenty of times but usually they are out of sight and heading for the front before we get a good look @ the plate ( Emily Irwin & Taylor Johnson are 2 great examples). Anyway congrats to all!! And good luck @ the next race:)