PDA

View Full Version : slipper sprockets.............

chris p.
05-06-2012, 08:45 PM
looking to get rid of our slipper sprocket and switch to a slipper clutch but the prices are steep.any alternatives?? i thought i read somewhere that the lt80 slipper clutch would work. has anyone tried this or are there any links to an old post ??

Logan #34's Dad
05-07-2012, 08:37 PM
The Slipper Clutch IS LT80 parts....... Some minor changes that YOU get soaked for.
It IS the only alternative - do yourself a favor and just buy one.

chris p.
05-07-2012, 09:52 PM
thanks for the reply.i found a store online that has all the new parts from a lt80 for under $100 shipped but will it bolt up?? i have access to a machine shop so that's no problem.it's just the hefty pricetags that's not in the budget right now but definitely not going back to a slip sprocket.my son came across the finish line and his drr looked like a cropduster !!!!!! nice trail of smoke.sucked,but funny to see....

#404's Dad
05-08-2012, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by chris p.
thanks for the reply.i found a store online that has all the new parts from a lt80 for under $100 shipped but will it bolt up?? i have access to a machine shop so that's no problem.it's just the hefty pricetags that's not in the budget right now but definitely not going back to a slip sprocket.my son came across the finish line and his drr looked like a cropduster !!!!!! nice trail of smoke.sucked,but funny to see....

It will not bolt up, there is machining to do it and parts to be made, Call Max RPM, he is the cheapest out there and its a simple design, bolt on and go, no shimming or extra gaskets to stack up and all that hoopla.