PDA

View Full Version : Budd Creek Impressions

fish-d-fish
05-06-2012, 08:02 PM
After reading all of the opinions and "hub bub" about the track,operations, and overall vibe from some of those on the forum about this race track I wanted to offer my opinion.. We are very new to mx. We are TT national folks that have made the switch to mx and this was our first mx national so I think its fair to say we started unbiased and had no expectations other than to have fun and hopefully place in the top 10. This is what I observed..The track was an unruly, unforgiving, rutty, steep hilled, loamy, sandy, big jump, testicular fortitude track...AND we loved it! It was so freaking challenging for a 12 yr old kid who just got into mx and is in his first year on a shifter..but, he loved it..This is the best of the best to see who is the best rider and mechanical team to keep everything up and going. Yes no pit vehicles sucked but my lazy a_ _ needed the walking anyway. The staff was great, way better that TT nats as far as being organized, EMT's were on it, and the riders were top class. To watch and compete against people like Hetrick, Weinen, Natalie, Bassani, Gunner, Thatcher, Sepsi, I could go on and on..Its an honor to watch them and race against them...There really is nothing to gripe about when pros stand on a podium in awe as they see the size of the crowd. It was amazing. As far as my boy, super proud of him, Robbie placed overall 4th in his first mx Nat in the 90 mod jr class. Thanks to everyone who made us feel welcome, you know who you are and also who you are not:/...

Robbie Hetzer's dad

jake55
05-07-2012, 06:31 AM
glad you all enjoyed your first national, and thanks for introducing yourself to me in staging, im horrible with remembering names and faces and had not realized we had never met before.
your son did very well and hope you guys can make more of the races this year.

as far as the track staff, i got yelled at once but hey, it was my fault. we were taking our 3 quads to tech inspection, put my daughter on one, jake on one and i was on our mod, the guy stoped
us for "pit riding" so i explained nicely that were heading towards tech, he explained or should i say reminded me that the kids were not wearing helmets, no big deal, sent the kids back to get the helmets and no other problems the rest of the weekend.

LT80
05-07-2012, 07:18 AM
I'm glad you had a good time!
Who knows, maybe they saw a reason to step things up.:)
Congrats on a 4th place finish. AWSOME!!!

edwardsp&b
05-07-2012, 08:42 AM
Congrats to your son Hetzer! It was nice to meet you also.

I know this was your first National so as you said your opinion is based just on this weekend. We liked the track, although I thought there should be more technical jumps. For a mini the only jump besides tables, was the step up in the back. Track was really rough, but thats what we expect at most Nats. I thought the facility was nice.

I dont ***** and moan too much, but the organazation at staging was a mess. I REALLY dont like Sam Gammon, (for his usual quad hating antics) but you have to give his people credit. They roll quads through there quickly when they run the show. Saturday was the longest day Ive ever had at a National. I thought we would be running our last moto at 7pm. And I know this has been covered in earlier posts but to sum them up. PIT VEHICLES SHOULD BE ALLOWED FOR ADULTS ONLY. BICYCLES SHOULD BE ALLOWED FOR KIDS.

Bryan

Honda5
05-07-2012, 08:52 AM
For a rough track all the mini quads were very impressive. All you dads and moms should be proud of your kids. They made my day!

Ryko racing
05-07-2012, 11:10 AM
After the comments last week that i made im glad we went. This turned out to be a great facility and Ryan loved the rough track.

The only thing is the pit vehicle rule. My dad loved the place but only watched 2 races as he couldnt walk.

If John would allow adults only on pit vehicles i see no reason not to keep this as a race for next year.

GREAT JOB ............. PLEASE FIX THE PIT VEHICLE RULE ......
( IM GOOD IF THE KIDS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THEM, THEY COME TO RACE NOT PIT RIDE)

I WOULD HATE TO LOSE A GREAT TRACK LIKE THIS OVER A SILLY RULE.

THE STOCK CARS WERE COOL.

hensonfamfun
05-07-2012, 01:01 PM
We had never been and I read all the comments before hand. Honestly I had already made up my mind it was going to be bad. Out of three races it was my favorite facility. It was nice not having to dodge some of the younger kids flying around on pit bikes and not paying attention. The only bad time was Saturday.....waiting to race. The kids took a beating on the track which made it real quiet on the way home!!!!! Speaking of beating.........Hey Kirkland....hows that noggin of yours???? I would have laughed but I really enjoy having all my teeth!:devil:

LT80
05-07-2012, 02:03 PM
It's great to see all the positive comments. Ya gotta give credit where credit is due and it seems they deserve it.

This pit vehicle thing..I'd bet it boils down to insurance.
Althooooooooo, a previous reply mentioned a gentelman that couldn't walk. What about this? Ummm,, Americans with Disability's Act???
How about letting wheelchair placards be allowed for pit vehicles for the disabled?
I've been to plenty of tracks and walked more than my share. I've been to Budds creek and walked from the back to the tower many times.
I used to gripe some but hey, no problem.
Now I have a problem. It seems that my legs go numb. I can walk just so much and stand just so long, and if I don't find a seat quick at times, I fall down. If I can't take me a LT80 pit ride, I'm guessing I can just sit in the truck with the other gentelman.
I'm hoping that Budds can at least take care of those that actually cannot walk the distance.
I think other tracks let the disabled have pit rides.
Please don't feel bad for me (hahahaha) I can still ride all day long. I just can't walk. LOL :devil:

edwardsp&b
05-07-2012, 08:02 PM
Henson.....my head still hurts. Its been along time since ive been hit that hard. I didn't want to tell yall but I was seeing tweety birds fly around my head.

As I remember I wasn't the only one to hit my head on that board, was I? LOL

I was just following your lead Mr Henson!!!!

#404's Dad
05-08-2012, 11:06 AM
Whats all the hub bub, we love that place, favorite track on the circuit !!

Just kidding, even with as well as my son did there this weekend its not our favorite by any means but not or most disliked either, a few little things and it could be near the top of the list though.

1- Fill in the damn holes on the other side of the gate once in a while

2- Pit vehicles need to be able to be used by adults only ( all tracks should do this)

3- Concessions, gosh never had such horrible food and ice cream since there last year

Other than that it was a great event that they ran very well imo.

Brian, congrats again to you guys, Robbie done very well man, very impressed with his MX debut !!

Haggerty Racing
05-08-2012, 01:33 PM
yes congrats to robbie,very proud of him!!!!!!!