PDA

View Full Version : starting, staying running problems

Keystone_Rider
05-05-2012, 06:03 PM
Well, i'm lost for solutions. I went to a race two weeks ago only to find out my 05 trx 450r wouldn't stay running and kept stalling.
I got home and gave it a new iridium spark plug, took the carb apart and found out the main pilot jet was plugged up with gunk. I cleaned the hell out of the carb and every jet i could find with carb cleaner. Put it all back together and reinstall it back on the quad. I dumped all the remaining gas out of gas tank, put fresh gas in it. It started up after a couple of kicks and ran fine idling with the choke on for a few mins. It shut off then and i figured it was cuz it didn't need the choke no more. It wouldn't start again, with and without the choke. after 10 mins, i tried again and it started with the choke on, and this time i couldn't keep it idling on its own. It shut off and i couldn't get the damn quad started again. Anyone know wtf is wrong with it? I'm running out of time to get this quad ready and running steadily.

punk rock kiel
05-06-2012, 09:04 AM
vapor lock? petcock clogged?

Scro
05-06-2012, 10:26 AM
Make sure your gas tank vent hose is not clogged.

01boneless
05-06-2012, 12:33 PM
check your vent hose on gas cap clean the petcock theres a screen in the fuel inlet on the carb clean it check all the vents on the carb clean filter look for air leaks

leakyvoodoo
05-07-2012, 10:52 AM
Your valves adjusted???