PDA

View Full Version : super slow forums?

Glow Plug
03-05-2003, 03:11 PM
i was just wondering if anyone is having trouble with the fourms being super slow the last few day? it just took me like 5 mins to get to the open forum :eek: it usually takes me about 1 imn and i have dail up :rolleyes: i yesterday night i couldn't get onto the forums and it was trying for about 1/2 and hour :confused:

Doibugu2
03-05-2003, 03:13 PM
there was a problem with the hard drive, Ben has been working on it.

breadman400ex
03-05-2003, 03:19 PM
yeah there is something wrong with it ... cuz I have dsl and it is sooooooooooo slow.....

Glow Plug
03-05-2003, 03:27 PM
yeah i was just wondering because my computer is a piece of ***** and i thoguh it might just be my computer, and at school we have high speed and it was super slow so thanks

BlazingYamahaYz
03-05-2003, 08:01 PM
it was slowing for me......i think my computer has a virus, cuz pop-ups pop up in random places when im surfing the net...then i go to history, my computer, and thne it says "Xupiter PopUnder"...WTF IS THAT?? and thne i get this error page and then it forwards me to www.xupiterajskdfadskfjdsa;.com....virus? i cant get it to stop...and it keeps setting it as my homepage too...its driving me insane:grr :mad:

Striker49
03-05-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by BlazingYamahaYz
it was slowing for me......i think my computer has a virus, cuz pop-ups pop up in random places when im surfing the net...then i go to history, my computer, and thne it says "Xupiter PopUnder"...WTF IS THAT?? and thne i get this error page and then it forwards me to www.xupiterajskdfadskfjdsa;.com....virus? i cant get it to stop...and it keeps setting it as my homepage too...its driving me insane:grr :mad:

That sounds like Spyware. Try going to your Add/Remove programs and see if its in there and then uninstall it. If its not there, then just hit Ctrl+Alt+Delete one time and goto your task manager. Then see if there is a process running in there and end it. Watch what you do though, dont crash the comp by killin the wrong process. :eek:
I have one thats called Save! Cant get rid of it b/c BearShare wont work w/o it so I just shut it down whenever i log on the comp. Ive found it eating up to 15 megs of ram b4. :eek:

nakomis0
03-05-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by BlazingYamahaYz

You can find alot from Google.com. Apperently that thing you got is a pain in the arse.

This thread should help solve your problem.
http://www.spywareinfo.com/yabbse/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=1066;sta rt=0

BrianWrightR6
03-05-2003, 10:23 PM
Man this sux....It has been almost 24 hours and I believe I am coming off my high and just about out of withdrawl!