PDA

View Full Version : Lt80 "NO" low end power

lt80crazy
05-05-2012, 01:28 PM
Suzuki Lt 80 Quadsport "NO" low end power, I have replaced with NEW, air filter, fuel shut off valve, piston/rings/clips/bearing/head & exhaust gaskets. Disassembled/cleaned/inspected carb. Removed/inspected Reed cage. New NGK plug. Removed/cleaned/lubed secondary clutch. Belt is like new. I could not get the primary clutch off but it looks new and shinny and doesn't appear to be hanging up. The only thing I have not done is mess with the Magneto. I have a couple questions I would appreciate any help with...... First; any idea's???? Second; How can I set the timing on this. Third; Will the Lbs of cylinder pressure go up as the rings set because right now I only have 110ft lbs Fourth; Can I replace the Reed cage "phillips screws" with hex bolts and is there a torque spec here? Thanks, email me at testdriverbob@aol.com

JACK STRAW
04-19-2013, 04:50 PM
the compression sounds low. my daughters is at 155 and runs great

fearlessfred
04-20-2013, 11:32 PM
slight gains in compression gains after break in ,but its not going from 110 to 155 .did you check the butt gap on the rings before assembly

Atvers
08-12-2013, 08:23 PM
I agree compression is quite low, have you tired checking for any sort of oil leak or head may need some re-torque.